You're not special

TheBrown57

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/youre-not-special-wellesley-high-school-teacher-gives-the-most-blunt-commencement-address-ever/

The full speech here

You are not special. You are not exceptional.

Contrary to what your u9 soccer trophy suggests, your glowing seventh grade report card, despite every assurance of a certain corpulent purple dinosaur, that nice Mister Rogers and your batty Aunt Sylvia, no matter how often your maternal caped crusader has swooped in to save you… you’re nothing special.

I like this guy :D

He is completely right, graduating high school means nothing anymore. Every kid that shows up to class the 12 years required gets one and you realize this once all the grad parties are over and it comes time to go to college or find a job, he is just letting them know in advance.

Why do we throw parties for graduating high school' date=' anyway? How is that some kind of accomplishment?

I mean... for some of you guys... I'm sure it's quite a feat, but c'mon.[/quote']

Seriously, I want a party for not dying on the dragon lol

Why do we throw parties for graduating high school' date=' anyway? How is that some kind of accomplishment?

I mean... for some of you guys... I'm sure it's quite a feat, but c'mon.[/quote']

It's more of a celebration by the parents that the young'un should be moving out of the house shortly, and getting on with his/her life while they resume theirs. At least that's what my parents told me.