krogers warehouse

rick37

Just want to know if anyone has or is working here, My son was just hired on and I want to know what he should expect from them,,He has always showed up for work at least 15 minutes early and has only had to miss 1 day in the past year..Thanks in advance

My friend worked there, actually drove from Mansfield down daily 3rd shift I believe. Pay was good, and labor is just that, labor. It's not like a stamping plant or anything, just picking/packing food orders etc.

He works for Frito Lay in Mansfield now, and fills box orders/pallets, lighter stuff, and closer to home so works well.

I know Kroger treats their employees well, I think he even had a 401K.

My wife works at a Kroger store with 15 years in. They're a pretty good company to work for.

I also know at least one person that works at their warehouse in Delaware, if you don't get enough info I can see if I can ask him on FB.

My son was just hired on and I want to know what he should expect from them

I will be honest with ya, he will probably be a picker, Krogers is union, so he will be the low man. He should talk with the union steward on his first day and get a copy of the contract. It's similar to Pepsi he will be throwing packages of all kinds of weights from cases of toliet paper to cases of detergent depending on what section he's in. He could possibly work up to 16 hours a day. He should find out if they do pre-force and how on call works on his off day. Most union warehouses have similar rules.

He works for Frito Lay in Mansfield now, and fills box orders/pallets, lighter stuff, and closer to home so works well.

Your friend needs to keep that job, word is Frito is branching off from Pepsi since we've lost all sorts of crazy money. So, Stock in Frito Brands will be on the upswing

Definitely not an easy job picking. I went from 220 lbs. To about 180 lbs. In three months. He can also expect to work in the freezer, -8 degrees with a wind chill of about -12 on the top floor where I work. Once you get used to it though, its definitely not as bad, and the pay checks are worth it.