Field Operations Technician, Cleveland, OH; Tower Technician - Medina, OH

baptizo

Below are two openings with my employer, American Tower Corporation, in the Ohio area. I am currently covering for the Cleveland FOT market while we're still searching for a qualified candidate. I am posting here just in case there is someone here or someone you know that is qualified for the FOT position as I have been covering two large markets with over 400+ cell towers, satellite repeater sites, and I-DAS sites in NEO (minus Youngstown) for over 7 months.

Even though I am not the hiring manager for either position, if you have any questions please let me know as I have been working in my current profession for over 10 years.

We have excellent employee benefits, quarterly bonuses, ESPP, RSU's, 401k, medical/eye/dental, and you'll be provided with a company vehicle (late model 4x4 pickup) for use on the job. You will be a remote employee working from home and will need to have a high-speed internet connection, cell phone - all of which are reimbursed monthly via an expense report.

And if you're not interested/qualified, please pass along to someone you know who might be.

Job Details

Field Operations Technician - Req. # : 2980

Job Title Field Operations Technician

Location Cleveland, OH* Cleveland, OH, US 44101

Job Type Full-time

Category Operations

Travel 0

Education High School/GED

Job Description

SUMMARY

The Field Operations Technician is responsible for supporting the SRV Site Operations objectives in the field which include preventative and remedial maintenance, lighting and monitoring, building and grounds upkeep, installation, optimization and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities. Other responsibilities include maintaining and repairing all DAS and microwave equipment and transmitters; maintaining site and test equipment inventories; network integrity and quality. The incumbent will also be performing audits as required by local, area, Corporate or regulatory agencies. The Field Operations Technician is responsible for the quality of data about company and customer assets and completes the collection and maintenance of data about the physical assets to ensure an accurate, up-to-date database of these assets.

Job Requirements

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

Ensure structural integrity and regulatory compliance for all assigned assets.

Perform periodic inspections in accordance with company policies, standards and procedures. Identify and ensure that major inspection discrepancies are reported appropriately, corrected in a timely manner and that the field data they collect is entered as needed.

Utilization of dispatching software to optimize and plan out a daily schedule of tickets

Collect UFORM data in an efficient and cost-effective manner and follow standards related to getting this data into the database.

Review data associated with assigned sites on a regular basis and report and or correct errors or discrepancies to management.

Work effectively cross-functionally to identify and resolve compliance issues.

Respond quickly and effectively to resolve various trouble tickets, monitoring system and network performance issues in accordance with company established policies, standards and procedures.

Comply with and perform quality assurance programs as required.

Keep manager well informed regarding operational and maintenance issues associated with their assigned sites. Maintain and communicate a site problem list within trouble ticketing system including the resolution plans for each.

Monitor and report material usage in order to maintain adequate truck supplies

Required to serve a rotational on-call schedule for emergency repairs and maintenance

Manage the satisfactory completion of Capital Improvement, Development, and Re-development work completed by sub-contractors or internal crews.

Ensure all customer application, leasing and installation activity is completed within the current company required cycle times this includes but is not limited to – Field Verification, Site Sketch, Notice to proceed, and Closeout Documentation.

Read the full job description here:

https://americantower.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=2979

Job Details

Tower Technician - Operations - Req. # : 3117

Job Title Tower Technician - Operations

Location Medina, OH Medina, OH, US 44215

Job Type Full-time

Category Operations

Travel 90-100%

Education High School/GED

Job Description

SUMMARY:

Performs general repair and maintenance on communications towers, the job requiring significant travel and must possess the ability to climb to heights in excess of 500 feet.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, lighting repairs, monitor repair and maintenance, work with high voltage systems, and equipment operation.

Job Requirements

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

Must have the physical ability and the willingness to climb towers in excess of 500 feet.

Performance of general repair of tower lighting to include, but not limited to: strobes, beacons and obstruction lighting maintenance/repair; lighting controllers and monitors maintenance/repair; work with high voltage systems (dc and ac);

Pick-up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc., via Company vehicle.

Utilization of Dispatching software to optimize and plan out a daily schedule of tickets.

Maintenance and submission of complete and accurate files/logs/reports as determined by Lighting Tech Supervisor and/or other management personnel;

Timely completion of all inspections. Inspections include, but are not limited to – Universal Form, Quarterly Light Inspection, Environmental Audit, Tower Inspection;

Performance tower antenna and height mapping for tenant activity and Regulatory compliance;

Performance of the installation of new lighting systems, as well as the removal of old lighting systems;

Development and maintenance of a positive company image, as follows:

Providing superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner;

Adhering to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal legislation;

Adhering to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA) standards/regulations; and

Maintaining company vehicle in a clean and presentable condition

Effective utilization of available resources, technology, and tools to complete work; and Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as additional legal regulatory requirements.

The completion of all required training within company provided time limits. Training includes, but is not limited to: OSHA 10 Hour, Asbestos, New Hire Learning Plan, CPR/First Aid, Tower Climbing and Rescue Certification

Read the full job description here:

https://americantower.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=3117

More details, online application/resume submittal, add'l nationwide openings:

https://americantower.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/JobSearch/index

Add'l help wanted ads in the Wireless/Telecom industry:

http://www.wirelessestimator.com/helpwanted.cfm

I have some serious issues with that climber in the video. He is not tied off on the ladder nor when he is traversing the steel.

Free climbing is verboten (we don't do it), most tower climbers do not do it despite the commentary in the video (anyone found doing it on one of our towers is permanently banned from ever working on our towers). Not to mention you're just asking for a 1700' fall to the ground if you make just one small mistake.

And that is a G-U-Y-E-D tower, not guided.