Great American Ballpark

ohiomike

In Cincinnati.

We're going to a game there tonight. Any tips on parking nearby? How about safety walking to and from the park?

thanks

I do not live in Cincy...However i am a huge Reds fan...download the free MLB at the Ballpark App for Iphone or Android. that app is amazing if you are traveling to a ballpark. you must eat at the Mongomery Inn while your in town!:D enjoy the best ballpark in the eastern U.S.!

Plenty of pay parking around the stadium/ ballpark, may even be able to get into the parking garage. Just follow the signs. I've never felt unsafe down there as there are tons of people around. Buy peanuts and water outside the park (or take them with you), but don't open them until you get inside. I don't agree with Montgomery Inn. Too expensive. Kids meal is $10 and consists of three small ribs and a bunch of fries.

Guy said there is a parking lot between Paul Brown and GABP it's $10 and it's not a bad area just your typical guys asking for money. I've only been to GABP once and we parked in that lot wasn't that bad of a walk at all.

Guy said there is a parking lot between Paul Brown and GABP it's $10 and it's not a bad area just your typical guys asking for money. I've only been to GABP once and we parked in that lot wasn't that bad of a walk at all.

Its one of my favorite stadiums. Used to go to a ton of games when I lived in Cinci. This lot is good but it fills fast!

Other options would be to park across the river at Newport on the River and take one of the many shuttles they have that drop you off right there.

2nd option is eat at the Montgomery Inn Boat House and walk but its a mile or so.

3rd option is park in the garage under Fountain Square. It used to be $2 parking and the walk to the park is all downhill. Unfortunately the walk back to the car is uphill but its not a bad walk at all. I did this about 90% of the time

2nd option is eat at the Montgomery Inn Boat House and walk but its a mile or so.

Mmmmmm Montgomery Inn

The CEO of my company is friends with the owners so we have events and things at the Montgomery Rd location, open bar and all you can eat ribs :cheers:

Good luck on the parking if it's a sold out game. I really can't stand downtown Cincinnati with the parking and I try to.leave before.it gets dark.

its really not that bad once you figure out the little tricks and what not. When I first moved down there I absolutely hated downtown for the same reason but once I figured things out my attitude went 180*

I have no doubt that the game is either sold out or close to sold out since its the Indians/Reds series. I really hate that they have this series during the week this year. I almost always come down for the weekend they have it and go to all of the games

its really not that bad once you figure out the little tricks and what not. When I first moved down there I absolutely hated downtown for the same reason but once I figured things out my attitude went 180*

I have no doubt that the game is either sold out or close to sold out since its the Indians/Reds series. I really hate that they have this series during the week this year. I almost always come down for the weekend they have it and go to all of the games

Oh, I know I still have family there I just never liked going downtown. Parking fine you get their early enough. I worked at great american for all of three days then quit. Shot always seemed to hit the fans when my grow.day and I went downtown so I just limited the trip there. Did however get chewed out by my mom for venturing into Over the Rhine by mistake at night though.

ah yes OTR. I will never forget the night my idiot blackout drunk friends decided to walk all the way up Vine St from Downtown to Clifton. I am still amazed to this day they didn't get hassled more than they did

ah yes OTR. I will never forget the night my idiot blackout drunk friends decided to walk all the way up Vine St from Downtown to Clifton. I am still amazed to this day they didn't get hassled more than they did

Yea, we were on a scavenger hunt and ended up at the Starbucks on ths hill in that plaza. Never heads the end of that one for a week or so. Plus more sketchy peeps in Concurrent the bus I think.

I do not live in Cincy... you must eat at the Mongomery Inn while your in town!

I dont live in cincy either but have been there many times. always easy to just find a little pay lot and walk. I have never had any issues while there. As for the food...I would suggest going to LaRosa's and getting some pizza and a steak hoagie with pizza sauce. Mmmmm

Fountain Square garage FTW! Cheaper than most of the parking (pay Stephen Hawking on the way out), it's monitored with cameras, etc, and while it's a bit of a walk (5-6 blocks), after the game it's relatively quick to get out of (as long as you beeline there) and you don't run afoul of most of the departing game traffic. I ALWAYS park there and I go to a dozen games a year. I'm goign tomorrow night in fact.

Yea, we were on a scavenger hunt and ended up at the Starbucks on ths hill in that plaza. Never heads the end of that one for a week or so. Plus more sketchy peeps in Concurrent the bus I think.

hmm was it off Vine? The only one I know of is up near campus that is off Vine in a plaza and thats not really OTR but regardless I know the area you speak of. Definitely not a place for innocent youth :lol:

hmm was it off Vine? The only one I know of is up near campus that is off Vine in a plaza and thats not really OTR but regardless I know the area you speak of. Definitely not a place for innocent youth :lol:

I dont remember it was like 6 years ago. But their was some construction by it they were demoing some homes for that plaza thats all I can remember.

I dont remember it was like 6 years ago. But their was some construction by it they were demoing some homes for that plaza thats all I can remember.

oh yea thats the much nicer southern section of OTR. They've made it really nice now and actually have a couple friends that live there

Its one of my favorite stadiums. Used to go to a ton of games when I lived in Cinci. This lot is good but it fills fast!

Other options would be to park across the river at Newport on the River and take one of the many shuttles they have that drop you off right there.

3rd option is park in the garage under Fountain Square. It used to be $2 parking and the walk to the park is all downhill. Unfortunately the walk back to the car is uphill but its not a bad walk at all. I did this about 90% of the time

Montgomery Inn....I claimed this in post #3 how come the Mexican gets all the love!!!!!:D