2003 Honda 600RR track bike + accessories - $3100/trade?

redkow97

SOLD - LOCK IT UP

Edit 10/1/12 - $2500 firm, or $2000 w/o the damper, warmers, and with a STOCK rear shock

full details here http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=93700

The original title is kind of irrelevant now.

Looking to sell the Honda straight-up, OR trade for an SV650 street bike plus cash.

I will entertain offers for other bikes, but the "plus cash" part is kind of important at the moment.

I want something that I COULD take to the track and have fun on during some group rides.

Edited by redkow97

• 2 weeks later...

if the paint job is that off-putting to a serious buyer, I'll sand it and rattle-can the bike a solid color in exchange for a deposit.

I'm not looking to charge anyone for a paint job, but I also don't want to spend a full weekend sanding and spraying and then have them back out of buying.

I've had a couple PM's about the bike, and I need to take more recent pictures, but to be blunt, it works great but looks pretty rough.

Craig, Brandon, Matt, Matt, John, Nick, and anyone else who was at Nelson last month can give unbiased opinions on the condition of my bike. I'm not trying to hide anything, but I know I'm partial to the 'ole girl :D

Thanks nick!

This pic shows:

The duct tape on the tail

The zip-tie "stitching" on the side of the upper fairing

Any white/blue spots on the bike are places I sanded during repairs but never bothered repainting. The one near the seat is where my boot rubs.

The guage cluster face is cracked, but it's still easy to read.

The lower fairing has "BROWNS" and "Ron Paul REVOLUTION" stickers on it. The white striping on the fender, tank, tail, and lower is actually reflective vinyl tape. It peals off easily.

There is probably $200-$300 worth of work you COULD do to the bike to make it really nice, I just preferred to buy seat time instead.

bump. I know I owe a couple of people pictures. I just havent' been home much.

I'm done with class for the summer now, so I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

Now also open to the possibility of trade + cash for a ninja 250. Realistically though, I don't want a very nice 250, so rattier with more cash trumps a pristine 2011 250 with a few hundred bucks.

I posted in your other thread...but am in the market for a TRS...know that there may be others interested in it (and you stated you still needed it to transport the bike)...but just wanted to let you know I would pay your full asking price. Either way GLWS!

• 5 weeks later...

Bump.

Still hoping for a trade + cash for an SV, but opening up my trade market to include F2/F3's with reasonable mileage. (i'll consider other mid-late 90's 600's as well, but the F3 was the best of that era, IMHO)

Basically I want whatever I end up riding on the street to look like a naked SV650, so a crashed 90's 600 isn't off the table, especially if it runs well and comes with more cash :p

OR, if my asking price is out of your budget, hit me with an offer, and I can pull some stuff from the deal.

Removing the damper would knock off a couple hundred, or I can sweeten the deal by throwing in my transponder or XT pro lap timer or something like that if that makes $3100 more reasonable for someone.

Still not ready to part the TRS until the bike is gone though.

Bump - SpeedyTriple just called me with info on a street bike I would be interested in buying, but this has to sell first.

If you have any interest in this whatsoever, PM me ASAP, and I'm willing to drop the price significantly in the name of picking up the street bike before it's gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If a Moderator sees this and can change the thread title to reflect the updated price, that would be great.

Bump - ORDN price is now $2500 FIRM with all the extras included. I'll honor that price for friends/acquaintences of members as well, I am just getting lazy about updating my threads everywhere I have the bike up for sale :)

I'll do $2000 if I can keept he damper, warmers, and swap in a stock shock for the Penske currently on the bike (will need a little notice on that though, because I'll have to buy the stock shock...)

• 1 month later...

Final bump - I have an offer from a guy in Detroit who wants to come down and pick up the bike on Sunday.

I have not accepted yet. If anyone here wants the bike, spares, rear stand, XT timer & beacon, my final ORDN (and friends of members) price is $2400 cash.

MUST EMAIL ME BY NOON ON THURSDAY 11/15/12 AT NOON TO ACCEPT.

radakchr@yahoo.com