Jack Daniels Honey????????

Ault

ok.... I am a Jack drinker through and through and was curious if anyone on here had tried the honey. is it any good? worth trying? i know for $20 i'll have the answer but wanted your thoughts. I have a get together sat and i always bring a bottle of black for everyone but i'm thinking of bringing this instead. let me know:D

It's definitely more of a sipping liquor than a bottle of black. Drink it straight on ice, or just add a little iced tea to tone it down. Not so much of a mixer like normal Jack, with coke, cherry coke, vanilla coke, etc.

Definitely good in the summer months, but I usually don't stray away from the normal stuff I buy. Then again, heck, give it a whirl, may find something you really like.

i've only had it as shots. I like it almost as much as Wild Turkey American Honey.

I'm not a big whiskey drinker because it gets me a drunk that most people don't like and then I don't like having to clean up whatever mess I made of hurt feelings when I'm hungover

Im not a huge whisky drinker either but I thought it was pretty good. I didn't taste wild turkey at all, which IMO is the worst tasting thing next to Kamchatka or whatever.

most people have only had the low grade wild turkey which is indeed awful. The 100 proof is terrible yet awesome at the same time and the American Honey is the best flavor of their line.

Threadjack: Anyone tried the glazed donut 360 vodka??

you dare mention fermented potatoes in my whiskey thread!!!!:mad:

either way good info so far...btw i drink black label over ice or strait so i plan to do the same with the honey....so far still looks like a game time decision

either way good info so far...btw i drink black label over ice or strait so i plan to do the same with the honey....so far still looks like a game time decision

Gomennasai. I'm not a liquor drinker, so didn't think of that. Ignore the vodka thing.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Im not a huge whisky drinker either but I thought it was pretty good. I didn't taste wild turkey at all, which IMO is the worst tasting thing next to Kamchatka or whatever.

No I would have to say safely that "Beef Eater" is the worst tasting thing ever.

Jack Honey is pretty easy to drink. We were just hitting it from the bottle.

I would advise not drinking this and walking uphill back to your lodge room in Fontana as a Faceplant is in your future. :D

I've not had Jack's version of the honey whiskey, but Evan Williams honey is delicious so I assume it would easily compare.

I would like to try it other than straight though - like to lightly mix in some creme soda as a trial...:dunno:...sounds good anyway

I took a bottle to the Gap to share. There were no complaints other than Jagrs faceplant. Bottle got emptied so I suppose that's a yes vote.

This is the type of responce i was looking for:D

JD Honey is decent, I agree that its more of a on the rocks and sip and isn't as mixable as the others.

i always thought if you have to mix it then your drinking the wrong thing....i.e. all your doing is tring to cover up the taste...but thats me....oops hipocrit alert i do love margaritas.....damn it:nono:

Got Wild Turkey American Honey as a gift. Most of the bottle is still sitting in the cupboard. Way to sweet for my taste.

I gonna have to agree with SkullCrusher on this. "Stop messing with my whiskey" Save the fancy flavors for the Vodka (which I dont drink :D)

Craig

Screw the honey... although I would like to find a good one and try it.

Rebel_Yell.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Rebel_Yell.JPG

Edit: for reality, a review likes the Evan Williams Honey Whiskey over both the Seagram's 7 Dark Honey and the Wild Turkey American Honey.

Go crazy:

Laced Straight

2 oz gin

.5 oz Evan Williams Honey Reserve

.5 oz dry vermouth

Stir with ice, and strain. Garnish with lemon twist.

Edited by ReconRat

Got Wild Turkey American Honey as a gift. Most of the bottle is still sitting in the cupboard. Way to sweet for my taste.

I gonna have to agree with SkullCrusher on this. "Stop messing with my whiskey" Save the fancy flavors for the Vodka (which I dont drink :D)

Craig

Because choice is a bad thing.

Only when crap choices take up shelf space and prevent good choices from being readily available to me. Like the Rebel Yell above that I have not seen locally.

Craig

Can be had in Kentucky. Currently brewed in Louisville. I used to pick it up in Florida when it was hard to find. I like the nose, the smooth taste, and the bite of the after taste. Standing joke is it makes you YIP! after drinking it straight.

Most vodka (and easily 80%+ of the really popular stuff) is fermented grain, not potato. If you want a decent potato vodka that's not eleventy billion dollars, go for Luksusowa.

Fun fact about the ZOMG popular vodkas: The vast majority of them start off as 90% or so "grain neutral spirits" sold by big agro firms like Archer Daniels Midland or ConAgra. Their customer (Skyy, for example) dilutes the spirits down to the proper level and bottles. If you want good vodka, get it from a place that actually does the distilling on their own. I know there's a place in the Columbus Short North that makes their own, it's Middle West Spirits or bottled under OYO. Excellent stuff, and they do pretty bitchin tours.

i always thought if you have to mix it then your drinking the wrong thing....i.e. all your doing is tring to cover up the taste...but thats me....oops hipocrit alert i do love margaritas.....damn it:nono:

Nothing pairs better with Scotch than Mountain Dew.