Jack Daniels Honey????????

Ault

Nothing pairs better with Scotch than Mountain Dew.

The only way to drink a GOOD scotch is straight with a couple eye drops of water. Either that or scotch rocks which are amazing but outrageously expensive. I would never soil my scotch with something like Mt Dew

Jack Honey is pretty easy to drink. We were just hitting it from the bottle.

I would advise not drinking this and walking uphill back to your lodge room in Fontana as a Faceplant is in your future. :D

Is that what caused that! :lol:

Thought it might have been the ever clear :D

On topic, I like Jack Honey and think its a bit better than American Honey.

I'm a bourbon guy, makers mark and Elijah Craig are good for decent priced ones :) and Evan Williams is surprisingly ok, try it with ginger ale, compliments the bourbon instead of covering it!

-VanDy

The only way to drink a GOOD scotch is straight with a couple eye drops of water. Either that or scotch rocks which are amazing but outrageously expensive. I would never soil my scotch with something like Mt Dew

Nonsense. The fancier the Scotch, the fancier Mountain Dew pairing. Got a standard Johnnie Black? Regular Dew should be fine. 21 year old Bushmills? My friend, it's time to break out the limited-circulation Code Red.

ok.... I am a Jack drinker through and through and was curious if anyone on here had tried the honey. is it any good? worth trying? i know for $20 i'll have the answer but wanted your thoughts. I have a get together sat and i always bring a bottle of black for everyone but i'm thinking of bringing this instead. let me know:D
If you don’t want your grandchildren thinking , you just might be the same ‘Santa’ as last year when ‘Rudolfo The Red” puked over the porch rail all over the the elves and lights below…

Perhaps.

:D

Edited by Strictly Street
Jim, Jack, Jose' and their friends! Yippie!

Most vodka (and easily 80%+ of the really popular stuff) is fermented grain, not potato. If you want a decent potato vodka that's not eleventy billion dollars, go for Luksusowa.

Fun fact about the ZOMG popular vodkas: The vast majority of them start off as 90% or so "grain neutral spirits" sold by big agro firms like Archer Daniels Midland or ConAgra. Their customer (Skyy, for example) dilutes the spirits down to the proper level and bottles. If you want good vodka, get it from a place that actually does the distilling on their own. I know there's a place in the Columbus Short North that makes their own, it's Middle West Spirits or bottled under OYO. Excellent stuff, and they do pretty bitchin tours.

Yeap, an amazing business plan. Buy bulk spirits, dilute with water, add flavoring, package in a cool bottle and come up with some good marketing. Then rake in the dough.

Maybe there are some good vodkas, but when the main point of the product is to be tasteless, Im not really interested. The only clear liquid I drink is water. :D

Craig

Most vodka (and easily 80%+ of the really popular stuff) is fermented grain, not potato. If you want a decent potato vodka that's not eleventy billion dollars, go for Luksusowa.

Fun fact about the ZOMG popular vodkas: The vast majority of them start off as 90% or so "grain neutral spirits" sold by big agro firms like Archer Daniels Midland or ConAgra. Their customer (Skyy, for example) dilutes the spirits down to the proper level and bottles. If you want good vodka, get it from a place that actually does the distilling on their own. I know there's a place in the Columbus Short North that makes their own, it's Middle West Spirits or bottled under OYO. Excellent stuff, and they do pretty bitchin tours.

DAMN IT!!!!! More vodka talk....:nono: really interesting though

Not a fan of Jack, neither are most whiskey and bourbon critics.

i am no aficionado but, i know what i like.... your comment sounds a touch on the snobby side:confused: what are you a crown royal drinker??? yeah thats just what whiskey should be.... mixed and blended then placed in a purple velvet bag with fancy gold tassles :lol::lol::lol:

Nonsense. The fancier the Scotch, the fancier Mountain Dew pairing. Got a standard Johnnie Black? Regular Dew should be fine. 21 year old Bushmills? My friend, it's time to break out the limited-circulation Code Red.

Haha what would you recommend for a nice Glenlivet 15?? Maybe the elusive Mt Dew pitch black?

Amen brother. I just started getting in to single malts this year and now it's all I care to drink. It's weird how well it goes with a good cigar too.

Although an Ardbeg Uigeadail and Live Wire sounds good too :rolleyes:

Edited by smashweights

watch groupon and dealnews as scotch rocks have deals all the time. My roommate uses them a lot as he drinks a shit ton of scotch.

I prefer it with ice cubes because I'm a wimp. But in reality I cannot drink it straight because of my heartburn issues

watch groupon and dealnews as scotch rocks have deals all the time. My roommate uses them a lot as he drinks a shit ton of scotch.

I prefer it with ice cubes because i'm a wimp. But in reality i cannot drink it straight because of my heartburn issues

pussy:d

pussy:d

i just prefer drinking entire bottles of captain then heading to a bonfire before being handed a cup of something by Max and Casper and told drink this. Next thing I hear "you idiot you aren't supposed to chug that" then being drunk for the next 12 hours :D

Amen brother. I just started getting in to single malts this year and now it's all I care to drink. It's weird how well it goes with a good cigar too.

Although an Ardbeg Uigeadail and Live Wire sounds good too :rolleyes:

A good scotch and good cigar are probably the most relaxing combo in the world. I got introduced to scotch through my fiance's dad and although it's an acquired taste I feel like it grew on me rather quickly. I like a peaty scotch like Laphroaig myself

A good scotch and good cigar are probably the most relaxing combo in the world. I got introduced to scotch through my fiance's dad and although it's an acquired taste I feel like it grew on me rather quickly. I like a peaty scotch like Laphroaig myself

Glenmorangie original was my first and I loved it first sip. Never was a liquor drinker before and didn't care for Jack or Crown much in the past but these have stuck with me. FWIW, if you like peat, the Ardbeg is a monster.:cool:

Save your money. I'll come pour gasoline down your gullet then fart in your face.

Oh yeah, I couldn't find the glazed donut 360 today. But I'm gonna keep trying.

Edited by YSR_Racer_99
  • Upvote 1

i am no aficionado but, i know what i like.... your comment sounds a touch on the snobby side:confused: what are you a crown royal drinker??? yeah thats just what whiskey should be.... mixed and blended then placed in a purple velvet bag with fancy gold tassles :lol::lol::lol:

No not a snob at all, and Crown Royal is rot-gut blended shit. Crown royal shouldn't even be considered a whiskey, not even sure what the hell it is? Now a " Kentucky Bourbon", especially the high end shit is just amazing.

well i bought a bottle friday and it is delicious. i would never choose it as my go to like black label but very very good for a chage of pace. worth it

No not a snob at all, and Crown Royal is rot-gut blended shit. Crown royal shouldn't even be considered a whiskey, not even sure what the hell it is? Now a " Kentucky Bourbon", especially the high end shit is just amazing.

I hereby demand you present yourself to me at once so I may properly punch you in the face for your insolence.

Add me to the "punch in the face" list. I'm from Lexington and anything less than Woodford Reserve or Maker's 46 is swill. Luckily, Crown Royal is not Bourbon so there is no need to even make the comparison. :shots: