Gsg 522

Turbotom09

Does anyone here have one of these? Or ever shot one?

I've heard they are more reliable than a lot of the AR style 22's, and I personally like the look of the mp5's better.

I think it would be a nice plinking gun/something to get the girlfriend to shoot(she's never shot, and I don't think she'd ever shoot again if she shot my PF9 for her first)

Opinions please?

:o

I got lucky and my grandpa gave me a old 10/22 :D

I have some friends with 10/22 AR15's (archangel I believe) that are pretty sweet but they had some issues with jamming but that was found to be cheap magazines, I forget what brand they went with.

My buddy has a GSG-522. It shoots really nice, and has prolly only had 5 malfunctions in 1000 rounds. They have a good balance to them.

They are difficult to clean properly since dismantling them is a pain. The stock seems mounted so it sits too high on your shoulder. The trigger pull is a bit long and heavy for my liking.

I'd personally go for a modified 10/22...

Lol I know you do, but it's just a plinking gun that's part of it-cheap.

If I was going to spend $500 on a AR style .22 I'd just save a little more and get a real AR.

Just wanted some opinions from people that might have shot/owned them.

Thanks bdbgoalie, I hadn't looked into cleaning it-it does look like a PIA

Mine was bought from a member here. And as Brown said, Armslist. Plus Dale will beat most everyone's price on new. If you pay 500 for that you're a Tard.

Lol ya...wouldn't pay $500 for it. Didn't realize that the 10/22 was a basic rifle with the tacticool stock, I'm by no means knowledgable with a lot of guns. I'll see what I can find on armslist. Also, who is Dale?

Dale is 8mmDale on here and he owns DeltaEpsilon. Gun shop and site sponsor. Yes the 10/22 is a basic rifle and a damn fine proven rifle. Probably the best 22 made for the money. Archangel makes several "tacticool" products for it as you stated but if you get the SR22 version or a standard rifle and the Nordic kit "which is the SR22" you get more than just tacticool. The SR22 and Nordic are compatible with all AR15 stocks and foregrips ect. So tons of options

I had one and sold it to member here....wish I would have kept it, I liked it better than my M&P 15-22.

No, you can't have it back! :D

I've got his ols gsg552 and love it. Its a fun little plinker. Have not any trouble with it. My kids love to shoot it,,,,,when I let them.

Lol I know you do, but it's just a plinking gun that's part of it-cheap.

If I was going to spend $500 on a AR style .22 I'd just save a little more and get a real AR.

Just wanted some opinions from people that might have shot/owned them.

Thanks bdbgoalie, I hadn't looked into cleaning it-it does look like a PIA

Np. The first time we stripped it down for cleaning I went beyond what they recommended. What can I say, I like to actually clean my weapons. The receiver pulls out of the stock easy enough, but that doesn't help much. I shot the bolt return tension adjuster and spring across the room when we disassembled it to properly clean the bolt. Took two people to get the stupid adjuster back in under tension as well....

A 10/22 with even a hundred bucks of mods is all kinds of fun to shoot. However, they are also not a joy to disassemble and clean, but it is at least do-able..

Fun at the range is definitely the 1911's and my AUG though. Course then the ammo gets pricey.

Edited by BDBGoalie