Alien Motion LiFePO4 Batteries

RidersDiscount

Riders Discount is now a stocking dealer for Alien Motion batteries!

Alien Motion may be a new name to many of you, but they have been designing and manufacturing lithium ferrous (LiFeP04) batteries in this configuration for longer than most of their competitors. If you haven’t already, we highly recommend the upgrade to a LiFePO4 battery. These work very well whether you ride a sportbike and want to shed some weight or a have a cruiser and just want a reliable, maintenance free battery.

Alien Motion’s lithium ferrous batteries are hand-made in the USA and use a unique internal chemistry that allows them to store 3 – 4 times the energy of a conventional lead acid battery. They don’t only store more energy though - they store it for a lot longer. Lithium ferrous batteries have a very low rate of discharge, which means that you can let them sit for a year without a charge and still have enough juice to start your bike. One of the very few downsides is that they are a bit sensitive to the cold. You will want to store the battery indoors if you plan on letting it sit for extended periods. It’s not all about better performance though - these things are also ridiculously lightweight.

The first thing you notice when you pick up a lithium ferrous battery is that they are incredibly light. Weight savings of up to 80% versus an equivalent lead acid battery mean that some applications stand to shed up to 10 pounds in battery weight alone! The small size of this type of battery also means that you end up with a lot of extra room in the battery compartment. Other brands require that you custom cut pieces of foam to secure the battery, but this is not an issue with Alien Motion. They include a perfectly shaped, high-density foam carrier with all 4-cell and 8-cell batteries so that you can drop it right into place without worrying about the fit.

We have these in stock and ready to ship in 4-cell, 8-cell, and 12-cell configurations.

12-cell - $129.99 (Retail - $139.99)

8-cell - $99.99 (Retail - $109.99)

4-cell - $64.99 (Retail - $69.99)

Free Shipping in Lower 48 States

Alien Motion batteries are designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA, carry a 180 day warranty and come in at an industry leading price. They are not listed on our website yet, so be sure to give Nathan a call at 866-931-6644 ext. 809 to order yours today! You can also send a PM through the forum or send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get right back to you.

alien_motion_LiFePO4_battery-1.jpg

High-density foam carriers come with every 4-cell and 8-cell battery so that you don’t have to worry about securing it into place.

alien_motion_LiFePO4_battery-2.jpg

With 4-cell, 8-cell and 12-cell in stock, nearly all applications covered!

alien_motion_LiFePO4_battery-3.jpg

i use 8 cell in my r6. 4cell is pushing it for sure but doable with the Yamaha's and Kawasaki's.

There's only a small difference in weight between the 4-8cell, you'd be better off and more reliable with the 8-cell.

If these new lithium batteries are so good why are they only offering 180 day warranty?

I can get you the more expensive Ballistic battery that has the full warranty if you'd like.

Alien Motion are confident in their product and durability. Generally with these batteries, if something's going to go wrong it's going to happen soon after purchase which is why Alien Motion didn't feel the need to have a full year warranty.

I have made these myself for the last couple years for myself and friends. I recommend an 8 cell. A 4 cell will start the bike at first but if you stall you may not be able to get the bike started again right away. I run an 8 cell myself under the seat.

If these new lithium batteries are so good why are they only offering 180 day warranty?

Sometimes these batteries don't handle a deep cycle very well and cannot always recover from being fully drained. I have a 4 cell that has been deep cycled a few times and has recovered fine each time. I made an 8 cell and accidentally drained it once and had to replace two of the cells right away. It can be a crap shoot whether or not a cell will survive a deep cycle or not.

Don't need tending just toss it on shelf and it will be ready when you are ready a few months later. If it is low a tender will be just fine to give it a little boost. As far as the cold goes, I've had no problem with my 8 cell in cold weather.

ballistic batteries have been failing like crazy on all kinds of people on other forums I'm a member of. yeah ballistic replaces the batteries but some guys are on the 3rd and 4th battery so far in 2 years time.

I'd stay the hell away from those.

shorai is the only company that makes the internal battery cells properly. thus making the battery itself much better than the cylinder design.

http://www.shoraipower.com/t-faq.aspx

personally I'd never bother with a lithium battery for street use. I've had the same GS battery in my bike since it was built in sept 2002. that's correct, the stock battery is still working 100% in my bike. and I never use a tender. it is an agm though. they don't need winter maintenance.

http://www.gsbattery.com/

Edited by serpentracer

ballistic batteries have been failing like crazy on all kinds of people on other forums I'm a member of. yeah ballistic replaces the batteries but some guys are on the 3rd and 4th battery so far in 2 years time.

I'd stay the hell away from those.

shorai is the only company that makes the internal battery cells properly. thus making the battery itself much better than the cylinder design.

http://www.shoraipower.com/t-faq.aspx

personally I'd never bother with a lithium battery for street use. I've had the same GS battery in my bike since it was built in sept 2002. that's correct, the stock battery is still working 100% in my bike. and I never use a tender. it is an agm though. they don't need winter maintenance.

http://www.gsbattery.com/

Alien Motion batteries are not Ballistic and they are assembled using a newer style cell. Alien Motion batteries are also produced on a smaller scale with what we would consider very good quality control.

As far as Ballsitic there have been some issues however as you said they have taken care of their customers. Lithium Ion batteries are definitely not for everyone however for those people looking to drop some weight off their bike it is a very good option.

How do they do in cold weather?

I am running a competitor 8 cell LiFePO4 Battery - really these are all assembled with A123 cells in different cases. Generally I like it and it has done the job.

There have been some problems with this technology where the bike sits overnite with temps dropping into the 40s and the battery loses its punch. That's what you have to look out for. Something to think about if you go on a trip. But in summer, no problems.

I like this for my VFR, but dont think I would go with it for a big touring bike.

Edited by mello dude