Bell Transitions SolFX Photochromic Shields

RidersDiscount

Sick of carrying two shields for your Bell helmet? Bell makes it easy to ditch the extra for your Star, Vortex or Revolver with their Transitions SolFX Photochromic shield. This shield uses advanced photochromic technology to shift the lens from clear to tinted automatically when the light changes.

The shield starts out as a clear and will stay this way in dark/low light conditions, but things change quickly once the sun comes out. Direct sunlight causes the photochromic shield to shift to a dark smoke in around ten seconds. The process works the same in reverse as the light fades, so you don't have to worry about switching back to a clear shield for night riding. This shield also features Bell's NutraFog II anti-fog coating and an anti-scratch coating, which help make this the best all-around shield available.

The Bell Transitions SolFX Photochromic shield is not yet available on our website - for more information on this shield (or any other Bell products), call Nathan at 866.931.6644 ext 809 or send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get back to you right away.

These shields transition quickly from clear...

bell_transitions_photochromic_shield-2.jpg

...to smoke in around 10 seconds when hit with bright sunlight.

bell_transitions_photochromic_shield-1.jpg

MSRP $119.95

bell_transitions_photochromic_shield-3.jpg

I too have a Bell Star and this shield is one of the reason I decided to go with the Bell Star. However, after further research it seems that the shield doesn't get dark enough on bright sunny days. Is this still true?

OhioBob

I have one on my Bell RS-1, could not be happier! It works well in all conditions and takes a min or two to go from clear to full dark. Also the lens seems clearer then any other brand I have tried, it almost feels like you have sun glasses on.

I too have a Bell Star and this shield is one of the reason I decided to go with the Bell Star. However, after further research it seems that the shield doesn't get dark enough on bright sunny days. Is this still true?

OhioBob

Bob, it's not as dark as the standard dark smoke shields we offer but I did not have a problem with it not being dark enough in the sun.