OSHP cracks down on unlicensed motorcyclists

ReconRat

That last one say it did help in British Columbia, but what do they know, it snows too much up there. Do they even have roads?

A couple of years ago I crunched numbers on Ohio stats and didn't get much.

Engines over 1200cc are the leading factor in fatal accidents.

That's about all I got. Not much else correlated.

Age was a factor around 40-55, but the numbers around 20-25 were just as high.

And the 25-40 in between wasn't that far behind.

Odd view of statistics, was that if you had health insurance, and were sober when riding, and wore gear, the odds went way down of accident or fatality. No clue why all that. It was all three, not just each.

Insurance does judge by age, displacement, and power to weight ratios.

Tossing in theft rate of course, if you want full coverage.

And insurance companies don't like turbos on motorcycles, never did.

Oh, and your record of violations, there is that...

I didn't know you couldn't ride on the highway with a permit. I rode a lot of highways when I had mine. They need to do a better job of disseminating the information.....I read the entire motorcycle endorsement booklet before taking the test and never saw that in there.

This was my main area of lol'ing

I'm not just making shit up Oh Ye Royal Judges of Valid Comments and Truth.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/12/13/does-motorcycle-training-reduce-motorcycle-accidents/

http://motorcycleclub.org/

http://www.motorcycleclub.org/safety/mayhew_simpson.htm

Every single article I find says there is no proof MSF courses reduce accidents and in fact they have found that in some states where MSF courses are voluntary, there is a higher likelihood of accidents of those that take the course.

From one of the articles

Many are based on pitifully small samples. Many suffer from methodologies so poor they make you want to smack someone. Many are interpreted with strange illogic. All seem to be written in tortured opaque bureaucratese.

I'm taking the course for the insurance break and just to further my knowledge and skill seeing as Ive been a rider for 2 years and still have my temps.

I always wear gear no matter what, I do ride on interstates and congested roads but I try hard to avoid them at all cost, I ride after dark sometimes but I try not to do that as well (I have an early bedtime anyway :D)

oh jesus, just take the skills test... I did it on a 77 CB750 with a full windjammer fairing the first time (17) and I did it on the XX last time (after losing my license) the zx-9 should be a cake walk.

take the course, too if you want, but it's just so easy to pass their obstacle course.

oh jesus, just take the skills test... I did it on a 77 CB750 with a full windjammer fairing the first time (17) and I did it on the XX last time (after losing my license) the zx-9 should be a cake walk.

take the course, too if you want, but it's just so easy to pass their obstacle course.

Hell might just do that this week then :lol: the class isnt until Sept. any way.

Yeah I know its not that hard, my gf's brother did it on his bobbed Vstar 1100 and only him and a guy on a Goldwing passed the other guys where on scooters :lol:

Its not that I work 2 jobs and have no time :rolleyes: I'm just lazy :p