Jacket Dilemma

Jamez

So i know i fire off questions like a machine gun of dumbness but you guys are helpful and i do appreciate it. If it matters to ya, you are helping me out. So here is my latest query...

I have a Scorpion Textile jacket right now which was my first jacket. It was decent and has served its purpose but im now in the market for a new NICE jacket. I didnt like how the textile scorpion would ride up in the back. I also didnt like how it folded and bunched up in the chest when in the riding position. It was a decent first jacket but you get what you pay for and lets face it, it was pretty cheap.

So now im looking into a nice leather jacket even though i know it will be hotter in the summer. I really like the look of the Alpinestars Indy Leather Jacket in white. I have tried on a few GP jackets and they all fit a little different which is expected. I cannot find ANYONE near me that has a INDY jacket or a decent selection of different A-star jackets or any other quality jacket for that matter.

Most places only have mabe 1 or 2 different ones.

I have called around and found that they obviously can order any jacket i want but id kind of like a jacket that fits great not just ok. Im gonna be forking out 3-5 hundred bucks i figure i should get what i want.

every place said that if i order the wrong size they can exchange it for a different size but it has to be the same jacket...what if i dont like it?

I cant be the only person to go through a jacket dilemma like this.

Im not sure what im looking for advise wise but what do you guys think i should do?

thanks

• Upvote 1

fire off questions like a machine gun of dumbness

This made me laugh. I will use this someday, probably to insult somebody else.

Sorry I have nothing helpful to add. I just bought from what the dealer had in stock way back when.

Iron Pony. If you want a place to try on jackets and get exactly what you want, it's your only option. They also have a HUGE section of closeout jackets that are discounted by a lot. I actually saw a white leather Icon jacket there the other day, size XL that was around $250.

It may be a 1 1/2 drive for you but it's worth it. You will spend more time in the store than on the road for sure. There's too much to see...

so i called iron pony and spoke with a girl named Mandy. she was very nice and helpful but i have found that they do not carry the jacket either.

I really like this jacket but also really want to try it on.

Does anyone have this jacket?

so i called iron pony and spoke with a girl named Mandy. she was very nice and helpful but i have found that they do not carry the jacket either.

I really like this jacket but also really want to try it on.

Does anyone have this jacket?

You're probably not going to find that jacket sitting around. It appears to be a discontinued item, not in the current Astars lineup.

Revzilla has it on clearance.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-indy-jacket?utm_campaign=Jacket&utm_keyword=alpinestars-indy-jacket&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CMic6qXu7rACFc3MKgodBz9Qvg

Buy it, they have good return policies if it doesn't fit.

It doesn't appear to be remarkably different than many designs. I wouldn't fixate on one particular jacket, especially not a leather sport jacket - the market is full of them.

Go try on different brands and the Pony. Get a TIGHT jacket. If your old jacket was bunching in the chest it was probably larger than it should be.

When you have the right size jacket you shouldn't be able to lift our arms up to your head, at least not comfortably.

Get in riding position with the jacket on.

I wore a perforated leather jacket year round. It was too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer but it kept my skin intact twice.

Brands differ in size. My Icon and A* were both S but were about 2" off in fit from each other.

Thanks for the input

I took the advise and checked out Revzilla. They do have an awesome return policy- better than any store I've found so far. I wound up ordering the jacket and saved quite a bit too!

hopefully I love it

I guess it's too late to be helpful, if you've already ordered it, but I was going to say that as a general rule Alpinestars sport jackets have a trimmer cut. That's a nice way of saying they're not made for lard-ass Americans with big bellies, though it seems a lot of Europeans are now getting just about as fat as us. :D

But it sounds like that's what you're looking for, a jacket that will fit snug and not bunch up, so you'll probably like it. Good luck.

I got my GP pro jacket from revzilla and customer service was great.

I had to send back 3 times to finally find the one that fit the best.

I have a GP pro in black for sale $300 paid $530 last season from revzilla if your interested.