Supreme Court upholds entire health care law

Scruit

Wow... you are a Republican talking point machine over there.

50% pay no FEDERAL taxes due to them being elderly or "working poor", but most of that 50% very well do pay taxes.

http://www.politicususa.com/half-americans-taxes.html

As was pointed out earlier... do you take the standard deductions when you file your taxes? Mortgage interest? Then you're a welfare queen buddy.

Are you seriously saying 86% of Americans pay a net federal tax? After all entitlements that these 86% people receive they pay $1 or more in taxes above all they receive? If you pay $2,000 a year into the federal income tax system, and receive a $2,500 tax check in return you are not a tax payer. Also if you pay $2,000 I'm federal tax and receive $3,000 in government benefits (free healthcare, cellphone, food stamps, etc) and still receive s refund you are not a tax payer sorry.

Wow... you are a Republican talking point machine over there.

50% pay no FEDERAL taxes due to them being elderly or "working poor", but most of that 50% very well do pay taxes.

http://www.politicususa.com/half-americans-taxes.html

As was pointed out earlier... do you take the standard deductions when you file your taxes? Mortgage interest? Then you're a welfare queen buddy.

And you're a google-liberal article posting machine.

You bellow on, but admit to my claim. 50% of the country pays no federal tax. And, that's because they're subsidized by the taxation of others (including corporations). That's in addition to the litany of entitlement programs, assistance, direct welfare and other programs which fund those with the taxation of another.

I never said they pay none whatsoever. They pay no federal income tax which is often the bulk of the taxation on an individual. I'm not blaming them, I'm pointing it out because you seem to believe that a corporation that escapes high taxation is evil, even if they pay thousands of taxpayers and leech money into the economy...and they escape their taxation by the same mechanisms that you think I'd be a welfare leech for using.

Your premise that a person who takes a deduction is a welfare leech is moronic, btw. I'm paying LESS of my earned income by decision of the government, not being PAID that amount. Someone who pays nothing is being subsidized by someone else. Someone who is on food stamps is being paid by someone else.

A person that pays a reduced tax based on the tax code isn't taking from someone else....they merely put less in by favor of the government...but the tax is still there (just like the corporate tax rate). And as many have found out a deduction can be revoked or expire and you will merely pay that amount at a later time. It's not a static term of perpetuity, it's a discount which may disappear or a loan which must be paid at a later time.

And you're a google-liberal article posting machine.

You bellow on, but admit to my claim. 50% of the country pays no federal tax. And, that's because they're subsidized by the taxation of others (including corporations). That's in addition to the litany of entitlement programs, assistance, direct welfare and other programs which fund those with the taxation of another.

I never said they pay none whatsoever. They pay no federal income tax which is often the bulk of the taxation on an individual. I'm not blaming them, I'm pointing it out because you seem to believe that a corporation that escapes high taxation is evil, even if they pay thousands of taxpayers and leech money into the economy...and they escape their taxation by the same mechanisms that you think I'd be a welfare leech for using.

Your premise that a person who takes a deduction is a welfare leech is moronic, btw. I'm paying LESS of my earned income by decision of the government, not being PAID that amount. Someone who pays nothing is being subsidized by someone else. Someone who is on food stamps is being paid by someone else.

A person that pays a reduced tax based on the tax code isn't taking from someone else....they merely put less in by favor of the government...but the tax is still there (just like the corporate tax rate). And as many have found out a deduction can be revoked or expire and you will merely pay that amount at a later time. It's not a static term of perpetuity, it's a discount which may disappear or a loan which must be paid at a later time.

Flat tax NOW! :bow:

Flat tax NOW! :bow:

yeah that's a good idea...

NOT...

You really want to take food off the table of poor working families instead of taking the golden umbrella option off a billionaire's newest bentley?

are you that cold?

again, we need to tax rich people and corporations like reagan did... lets get some reaganomics in here...

yeah that's a good idea...

NOT...

You really want to take food off the table of poor working families instead of taking the golden umbrella option off a billionaire's newest bentley?

are you that cold?

again, we need to tax rich people and corporations like reagan did... lets get some reaganomics in here...

Maybe you should research the fair tax a little more. Everyone gets rebates equal to the tax the poverty level people get from what I've read.

. Keep Your Entire Paycheck

For the first time in recent history, American workers will get to keep every dime they earn. By eliminating federal income taxes and payroll taxes, your salary or hourly wage is exactly what you'll deposit in the bank.

Learn more about your salary.

Social Security & Medicare Funding

Benefits will not change. The FairTax actually puts these programs on a more solid funding foundation. Instead of being funded by taxes on workers' wages, which is a small pool, they'll be funded by taxes on overall consumption by all residents. Learn More.

Get A Tax Refund In Advance On Purchases Of Basic Necessities

The FairTax providesa progressive program called a prebate. This gives every legal resident household an “advance refund” at the beginning of each month so thatpurchases made up to the poverty level are tax-free. The prebate preventsan unfair burden on low-income families. Learn more.

Pay Tax On Only What You Spend

Be in control of your financial destiny. You alone cancontrol your tax burden. If you're thrifty, you'll pay lower taxes thansomebody who isnot. Most importantly, you'll be taxed fairly.

Learn more aboutwhatistaxed.

Everyone Pays Their Fair Share

Tax evasion and the underground economy cost each taxpayeran additional $2,500 every year! But by taxing new productsand services consumed, the FairTax putseveryone in the country at the same level at the cash register. Further, only legal residents are eligible for the prebate. Learn more.

The IRS Is No Longer Needed

No more complicated tax forms, individual audits, or intrusive federal bureaucracy. Retailerswill collectthe FairTax justasthey do now with state sales taxes. All money will be collected and remitted to the U.S. Treasury, and both the retailers and states will be paid a fee for their collection service. Learn More.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HowFairTaxWorks

Edited by crb

every time a candidate talks about a flat tax, they use the euphemism "expanding the tax base" which means raising taxes on poor people...

Or it means getting illegals and tourists to pay in. Also they are usually for a consumption based tax which I believe would increase the tax base. It would also only tax on the money you spend instead of all of your income. The evil rich prople like expensive items just think of all the money thr governmentis missing out on.

I don't see it happen because politicians especially the left like to use the tax code to redistribute wealth.

Edited by crb