Zimmerman bond hearing is over - Judge to rule soon

Scruit

So it is then, I guess. Would I be in a different position than you? Nope! If that's the case if you die first reserve me a spot next door. :) its called faith for a reason.

Correction: faith is the suspension of reason replaced with blind willful ignorance.

It doesn't matter to me, but logically, free will is incompatible with "god's plan" as is prayer...

If there really is a god, and it really has a plan, sit back and enjoy the movie, as clearly you are powerless to change an omnipotent god's clearly laid out plan..

If you insist that you have free will, use it to make the best decisions you can, make your own fate and leave god's plan in fairy tales where they belong.

This is "directly" contradictory to the statement "this was god's plan"

If god planned for Z to kill M, then Z's free will meant nothing, if god DIDN'T plan for Z to kill M, then god's plan meant nothing... the 2 cannot be rectified.

You mean "reconciled"?

And here we are again - mired in the concept of "faith".

For the sake of argument, let's say God made me. And he made me intelligent (shut up). And he gave me a logical scientific mind. The logical scientific mind cannot accept the concept of God. So God has doomed me to failure (in his eyes)?

Maybe my lack of faith is part of some big plan. Maybe one of these days I need to act in a way that will further this plan, but my response will be one that a religious person would not be in a position to give. Say, for example, I will be driving down a road one day while everyone is at church, and I will come across an accident scene and help save a life that would have been lost if everyone else was at church. If that is true then I am nothing but a cog in a machine with no free will. But the bible says god gave me free will, right?

You know, God could sort this crap out pretty sharpish with a clear and unmistakable sign - one that will even convince the skeptics. Then we will all fall into line.

Until then I will use the scientific logical brain that god supposedly gave me to continue to not believe in him.