cell phone mount?

Jamez

Ive been looking at getting a GPS for the bike and separately I've been looking at getting a camera mount to shoot some video.

I was thinking that phones now are doing everything I want. Some of the newer phones out now have turn by turn gps with huge screens.

Also a select few now shoot in 1080I or 720I video. Most of them hold huge amounts of data too so I've been looking for a mount for the phone to both be able to shoot video and be able to mount for GPS.

The problem is that the phone shoots video one way and the screen for gps is on the other. All of the mounts I've seen would block the camera

I can't be the only person trying to phone mount a bike, id love to see what other people are useing or is this going to be something I'm going to have to make?

What kind of phone do you have if it's an iPhone send Hoblick a PM he sells some mounts for the iPhone. if not you night have to be a bit creative and fab one up yourself. Or search Ebay for something. I know ram mounts makes some but not sure on the mounting styles they have.

Android phone. I currently have a G2 but I'm due for an upgrade. I've been looking at a Samsung Galaxy S3 which just came out 3 days ago. OR I may leave Tmobile and get an Iphone.

Believe it or not being able to mount a phone for gps and video does effect my decision because either phone is awesome otherwise.

I've been looking at ebay but all I've found was a gps style mount which would block the video camera

You might have to make a mount then. I was looking at making one a while back but never did. Was just gonna get a phone and glue on a ram mount ball to the back side and use it that way. So that the only thing that would leave the phone alone just have the outer case glues/mounted to a mount of your choosing.