Antique fire arms

buildit

So I'm betting the answer is no one, but I was curious if anyone is involved in or connected to groups interested in antique firearms? Like pre 1900 stuff? It is kind of hard to find anyone in Ohio still interested in the antiques like this old pin fire 10 shot.

pinfireright.jpg

or this old Belgium 71/64 mouser

JCmodright2.jpg

But on the off chance someone had connections I am curious to find out where collectors and people of knowledge discuss items like this online.:)

I love old guns, had quite a collection going but had to liquidate some things in the last few years. I still have some heirloom stuff that's pre-1900, but it's nothing terribly interesting mostly break action stuff and a couple lever guns.

If you don't have one, you should get an OGCA membership and hit the shows. They're great.

I love old guns, had quite a collection going but had to liquidate some things in the last few years. I still have some heirloom stuff that's pre-1900, but it's nothing terribly interesting mostly break action stuff and a couple lever guns.

If you don't have one, you should get an OGCA membership and hit the shows. They're great.

I took many of my firearms to gun shows for a while. My impression of people and buyers/sellers at gun show was less than honest or trust worthy overall.:nono:

Check out FFF (Family Firearms and finishes)

He's a member on here (ToddFFF I believe)

Thanks, will do.

I took many of my firearms to gun shows for a while. My impression of people and buyers/sellers at gun show was less than honest or trust worthy overall.:nono:

Thanks, will do.

The ogca guys are not your typical hoodlums walking through Westland mall on the weekends. You are screened and must be approved before you even get a memenrship into it. I went a few months ago with a couple guys that were members and I just got accepted last month. Their shows are awesome and I highly reccomend you look into it. I doubt you would find untrustworthy folks there.

I can't help with other people that like "that old stuff" I do like the older stuff. I am amazed that old firearms designed and built they way they were back in the day. Pin fire is cool as hell, just the impossible to find ammo.

I am all happy cuz i just bought a 1956 JC Higgins 9 shot .22LR relvolver.

OGCA is a private membership org., you have to be recommended by another member and 95% of the folks there are reputable, normal collectors. There's no riff-raff in their shows, it's worlds different than a normal gun show.

Some of the guys at the booths are authors, experts, collectors of very high end stuff. It's interesting and a good place to get stuff valued or pick up neat weapons.

OGCA is a private membership org., you have to be recommended by another member and 95% of the folks there are reputable, normal collectors. There's no riff-raff in their shows, it's worlds different than a normal gun show.

Some of the guys at the booths are authors, experts, collectors of very high end stuff. It's interesting and a good place to get stuff valued or pick up neat weapons.

So when you taking me? ;)