Just call me the Rainmaker

YSR_Racer_99

We kind of have a family joke that if I go camping, its almost guaranteed to rain. I also blame myself for recent area droughts because I generally don't wash my car that much, and when I do, (yep) it rains.

So yesterday I'm in Cinti on Colerain, and decide that since its gonna be hot for quite awhile longer, and probably dry, I'm gonna get the car washed. I roll into Mikes, pay the kid, and he says "I'll give you this carwash free if you can figure out how to turn the air conditioning on out here". Thermometer was showing 97 degrees.

I run through the carwash (all of what? 90 seconds?), come out the other end with a bone-dry car, and start seeing drops on my windshield. Huh?

Yep, it was raining.

I pulled the radar up on my phone, and I was at the southernost tip of a popup storm.

I went a little further north, and the temp got down to 73 degrees.

Shoulda gone back and told the kid I wanted my free wash.

Oh, and BTW, The Rainmaker is also a great Warrant song...

Thought this was going to be about strippers. Very disappointed. But Hell if you can make it rain I will pay for your next car wash.

+1 on both accounts.

That carwash is about 3 miles from my house. I should go there tonight and try my luck with the weather :D