Dragging feet at takeoff

donkason

My grounded foot gets kicked forward upon takeoff - where do think the "Rossi leg wave" came from? He copied me- I've been doing it for 30-some years.

I take off like Fred Flintstone, saves clutches you know. ;)

I take off like Fred Flintstone, saves clutches you know. ;)

I was riding like Fred Flintstone in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago...bumper to bumper traffic on the way into the squirrel hill tunnel for an hour and a half. I killed the bike and kicked off to coast every chance I had. Probably looked like an ass, but I didnt cook my balls off and it gave me something to do to pass the time. :cool:

• Upvote 1

They are hoping someone goes online stressing about it, is why they do it. ;)

Look how well it worked! I'm so stressed I am going to make road signs saying "this is a no foot drag zone"! I'm sure the stress level will decrease once they are in use. ;)

• Upvote 1

They are hoping someone goes online stressing about it, is why they do it. ;)

That is actually my primary motivation for doing a LOT of the things I do.

::: full disclosure ::: I do leave my foot down sometimes if I am just moving from one stoplight to another. I'm old but, more importantly, I'm lazy. Get off my lawn

If there are cars in front of me I sometimes do this just in case I need to stop again or they forgot the left turn signal.
I do it often especially if there is another light or slow down up ahead
I do it out of lazyness when I know I'll be stopping about 50 feet up. Sometimes float my feet just off the highway out of boredom or to stretch out too.

All of the above.

Lazy squid bitches. From now on I'm going to hang my feet from the bitch pegs before I even move and shift with my hand while clutching with my mouth because fuck it, the heat has gotten to me and I just can't take it anymore. I'll be doing all this drunk as shit wearing flip-flops and full pirate gear.....just come shoot me in the testes if you have the balls.

I tuck my feet back on the cans or passenger pegs, and swing back down at the next stop.

A single smooth motion with both feet, rather than lift each foot and put foot down.

This balances quite well, and the feet can be back on the ground quicker in slow traffic.

I do it in parking lots at slow speeds, since it seems to improve ultra low speed balance.

I do not drag feet, unless it's moving only a very short distance.

I am also weird and lazy...

note: do not stick feet in moving parts...

Definitely a sign of a rider with limited skill, ability, knowledge and pride. A member of the junior squid squad indeed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I invite you to any ride thats deemed worthy enough for my presecence so you can knight me Sr Squid Squad at the end...whenever i can catch up :)