Anyone know the GSX1100G?

Ryan_c_F

At low speeds it has very heavy steering, the weight can be felt as soon as you take it off of the kick stand, and it has poor suspension. Not the best bike Suzuki ever built.

I had a friend with one and it was heavy feeling for sure while riding it. However, I had a XS1100 Midnight Special at the time and the Suzuki was a lot better than the Yamaha.

The motor was a tamed down version of the GSXR, more like the Katana and I thought the motor was smooth. I actually looked at one a couple years back but the guy couldn't get it started so I passed on it.

I've met a lot of "characters" with a lot of different personal and quirky obsessions in the motorcycle world over the years, but one of the hardest for me to understand was the guy who just loved GSX1100Gs. I think he had four or five of them. Not that it's the worst bike ever built, but THAT is the one you fall in love with? Really? And you really need more than one?

In addition to the weight and heavy steering already mentioned, there's also the long wheelbase that contributes to the lack of agility. I guess it might be a good bike to have if you cross Kansas on a regular basis. Except for the lack of wind protection and luggage in stock form.

lol@characters

only reason I was looking at this one is my own personal bike history... i started out on a VX800... this is essentially the same bike (stable, heavy, and comfortably raked out) with double the horsepower.

i'll let it pass, though, because heavy steering isn't exactly what I'm looking into right now.