Anyone want to help me with carbs?

JaSSon

We just pulled the carbs off my GF's KZ1000. We ordered 4 card rebuild kits from IP, but they didn't include diaphrams. Is that normal? Also, the jets are different than what's installed now. Someone did install a dial-a-jet kit at some point. Someone want to help me? Ben? Eric? Bueller? I'm rather mechanically inclined, but an experienced hand is much appreciated.

Carburetor diaphragms are expensive, and usually aren't replaced until they break. You'll know it when they break, I've broken a few. Runs rather rough, but you'll usually still get home with it that way.

edit: Usually just a good cleaning is all that's needed. But you'll have to decide on whether the altered jets are correct, or the stock jets are closer, or something different altogether. That will take some time and thinking. Be sure to look for other little changes somebody might have made, like the position of the needle in the slides. Be aware that center cylinders usually run a richer needle position compared to the outside cylinders. But not always. Use the service manual.

Edited by ReconRat