Health care reform "Blows"

buildit

Friday I received a $29 increase on my $100 a month health insurance that has a $5000 deductible. Basically insurance for catastophic injury because of the big bills like when I had my accident on the motorcycle. This really put me in a I'll have to find a new policy mode. But today I receive a check from my insurance for $22. Here is why....

"THIS LETTER IS TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A REBATE OF A PORTION OF YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS. THIS REBATE IS REQUIRED BY THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT - THE HEALTH REFORM LAW.

THE AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT REQUIRES (INSURANCE CO NAME) TO ISSUE A REBATE TO YOU IF IT DOES NOT SPEND AT LEAST 80% OF THE PREMIUMS IT RECEIVES ON HEALTH CARE SERVICES LIKE DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS"

So basically I'll sent them a check every month for $130 and get a check for $23 which will be taxed by the government more then likely. More over you might realize that my rebate is not equal to the increase I received. So over all I received a 9% increase in my health care costs. Oh and this is determined on a state by state basis so other states refund may be higher or lower. Enough is enough! Time to end health care reform!

so they raised your rates, and the law required them to rebate some of the rates they jacked, so you are pissed?

color me confused, so if it gets repealed, you expect them to drop your rates back to where they were or just stop giving you a rebate and pocket it as more profit?

So, you're bitching about a rebate you would've otherwise NOT gotten?

Makes sense.:crazy:

No dumb ass, I"M PAYING TOG GET A REBATE. If you think this is a good deal give me $10 and I'll give you $9 back. Sound good to YOU?:nono:

Magz already covered it.

You make no sense.

And you understand economics at a 2nd grade level. What benefit do I get from this? NONE. Yes they are charging me $30 to get $23 back from them. Sounds like a typical Obama deal. Screw the liberals. Being still unemployed I fully plan to get MY free Health care, have every check up I'm allowed and go to the doctor for every F'n bo-boo I get. And NO, I won't pay a cent! :p

No dumb ass, I"M PAYING TOG GET A REBATE. If you think this is a good deal give me $10 and I'll give you $9 back. Sound good to YOU?:nono:

The "LAW" is requiring them to give you the rebate, corporate "GREED" is causing them to jack your rates.

Bullshit! You mean to tell me there is a cost to doing business? You liar! Gtfo gypsy!

Well, unless you are the government. Then the cost of doing business is simply deferred to the public. It's just good liberal economics you know. :wtf:

its not always greed...

greed is the driving force in capitolism...

Bullshit! You mean to tell me there is a cost to doing business? You liar! Gtfo gypsy!

cost is the baseline, and the letter specifically stated "THIS LETTER IS TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A REBATE OF A PORTION OF YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS. THIS REBATE IS REQUIRED BY THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT - THE HEALTH REFORM LAW.

THE AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT REQUIRES (INSURANCE CO NAME) TO ISSUE A REBATE TO YOU IF IT DOES NOT SPEND AT LEAST 80% OF THE PREMIUMS IT RECEIVES ON HEALTH CARE SERVICES LIKE DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS"

in other words, if we're lining our pockets with your money far and above what our actual costs are, we have to give you a rebate...

And you understand economics at a 2nd grade level. What benefit do I get from this? NONE. Yes they are charging me $30 to get $23 back from them. Sounds like a typical Obama deal. Screw the liberals. Being still unemployed I fully plan to get MY free Health care, have every check up I'm allowed and go to the doctor for every F'n bo-boo I get. And NO, I won't pay a cent! :p

Whatever you say :rolleyes:.

It's obvious by you starting this thread that you're the one lacking in understanding. I know the first thing I do when I have a problem is run to ORDN to tell everyone how butthurt I am about it.

A $7 increase in your healthcare costs using my taxpayer dollars collecting unemployment to pay for, makes me have sadface for you. $7 you didn't earn anyway, so lets bitch about it.

Keep looking that gift horse in the mouth.

I can't say much about the unemployment bit, I used it for a while between jobs, economy sucked and I couldn't find anything near me that paid equal or better than what I was getting from unemployment... Finally I took a temp job that paid slightly less, just to get back to work, the hole in my work history was getting too big for my comfort.

But you do realize you're not paying ANY taxes because your entire paycheck is subsidized by the government... you're one of the people Bill O'reilly and Michelle Bachman are bitching about... just something to think about while on your republican talking point tirade..

greed is the driving force in capitolism...

as a blanket statement I find it wholly inaccurate. On a field level I still find this inaccurate. On a company by company level I find this accurate

I guess people will just never understand certain things it takes to do business unless they are someone who has to deal with this stuff closely as opposed to the sheep that are just there to get a job done and choose to complain about the state of things as opposed to understanding them

*note, I'm not attacking you...just a mere rant of a small business manager

• Upvote 1

How else do you describe capitolism other than seeking the greatest reward from your investment (be it money or time)?

greed seems like the simplest adjective for this endeavor...

not attacking you either, just explaining my reasoning...

Edited by magley64

But you do realize you're not paying ANY taxes because your entire paycheck is subsidized by the government... you're one of the people Bill O'reilly and Michelle Bachman are bitching about... just something to think about while on your republican talking point tirade..

I was on unemployment for 9 months when the recession hit. Since then I've been making it on my own with side jobs and smart investments. I had enough foresight unlike our government not to go into debt when I was making good money. So I have not been on unemployment for over 3 years.

Here's the link to the government explanation which sounds real good, but the effect is not what I think they are expecting.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/features/costs/value-for-premium

Inch by inch they take more and more till there is nothing left to take from you anymore. :nono:

How else do you describe capitolism other than seeking the greatest reward from your investment (be it money or time)?

greed seems like the simplest adjective for this endeavor.

there is a HUGE difference (at least to me) between greed and maximizing profits but its not worth having a debate over as its mainly ethical.

I am in no way a fan of any of the current health reform but I also wasn't the biggest fan of the way health care was anyhow. For some reason politicians don't like to make things logical or easy so fuck them all and leave business alone

I was on unemployment for 9 months when the recession hit. Since then I've been making it on my own with side jobs and smart investments. I had enough foresight unlike our government not to go into debt when I was making good money. So I have not been on unemployment for over 3 years.

Here's the link to the government explanation which sounds real good, but the effect is not what I think they are expecting.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/features/costs/value-for-premium

Inch by inch they take more and more till there is nothing left to take from you anymore. :nono:

everyone is in debt. that's how our system works. the federal reserve is owned by banks not the government. so even the government owes money to banks. well actually YOU and I do in the form of taxes.

and good for you for trying to get off unemployment. I wish there was a undercover news story about how companies are purposely discriminating against people on unemployment. I overheard my own boss (company owner) say he can't hire people that have been out of work because they're not hireable. I couldn't fucking believe I heard that. and it kind of pisses me off he would say it. that's just one more nail in the coffin for me to look for another job. I don't want to work for people like him. he's what's wrong with our country right now. he's had an ad on craigslist for 2 weeks and hasn't hired anyone.

Edited by serpentracer

don't blame the system for your shitty health insurance. god damn $5k deductable isn't even worth having insurance.

this is the shit the bill is supposed to curve. health insurance has been named the biggest scam in modern history.

I have a $2500 deductible IIRC... it's required in conjunction with my HSA... it means if I have a horrific accident, or get a crippling disease I won't be buried entirely in debt...

which means I pay about $30 a month in "insurance", and the rest of the money I keep in an interest bearing account until such time as I choose (or need) to spend it on something health care related.

i like it, and I'll probably get my eyes lazered when i have enough money in the account....

don't blame the system for your shitty health insurance. god damn $5k deductable isn't even worth having insurance.

this is the shit the bill is supposed to curve. health insurance has been named the biggest scam in modern history.

You wouldn't think but one MC accident was over $14,000, I paid $5000 of it, the rest was 100% covered. I only carry major medical because I can afford a Dr visit or other BS. It's major injuries or illness that destroys most people. So I protect against that.

I honestly thought I was spelling it correctly.... and wondered why the red lines kept yelling at me, Oh well...

We shall see what happens to the HSA, for the time being I'm sticking with the plan... if my hand is forced, so be it, I'm just wasting as little of my money as possible on this whole insurance deal, while still being reasonably well covered in case of catastrophe.