go pro

RHill

So I just purchased a go pro hero hd2 a few weeks ago....probably used it all of 3 times before one of the tabs broke on the low profile mount. It is still usable, but not exactly the most sturdy looking thing. Anyway, I sent an email to Go Pro's customer service to tell them about my trouble and ask if they sold the mount separately so I could get a replacement and a spare. They asked for a receipt+serial number, told me they would see what they could do and pointed me to the grab bag on their website($20).

Skip to today

IMG_20120716_172616.jpg

Thanks GoPro!

I had a tab on the helmet mount of mine break, but it was my own fault I wasnt securing the strap straight down I was pulling at an angle.

I've been happy with it so far, been head over heals on the mt. bike a few times, under the boat on white water rafting, climbed Half Dome, been on fourwheeler rides and put on my guns. I do need to buy some more sticky mounts at some point.

• 1 month later...
So I just purchased a go pro hero hd2 a few weeks ago....probably used it all of 3 times before one of the tabs broke on the low profile mount. It is still usable, but not exactly the most sturdy looking thing.

I have yet to break one, are you using the vibration plug. The little white thing? http://www.my-gopro.com/gopro-accessories/gopro-genuine-accessories/gopro-camera-white-rubber-vibration-plug/

I'm taking the damn stick on mount of my helmet....its useless.

Funny thing is, when I'm on the dirtbike the helmet mount works fine....guess there is less to be paranoid about in the woods and no mirrors to check.