iPhone at 70mph

TheBrown57

So your riding along minding your own business when a wild bump in the road appears! It's too fast you can't avoid it and BAM! Then you see your iPhone bounce off your tank and off the palm of your reaching hand and it proceeds to slide across 3 lanes of lunch traffic on I-275E and you loose sight of it while desperately trying to pull over without becoming a RIP thread. You make it over and pull the bike as close as you can to the rail and proceed to search the shoulder for signs of life. A friendly Statie stops to see what is the matter and he proceeds to help you look and calls the phone to find out it rings and goes to voicemail. Hope!! That's what you feel knowing that if the phone was dead it would have went straight to voicemail, you proceed with your search with gusto! The Statie has to leave and wishes you luck, you continue the search. You make a landmark to where you think it has went and go to it and back to the bike feeling sad that your phone is gone. In one last ditch effort you get on the bike and go down the shoulder to do a quick scan when you see it! Your iPhone sitting on the shoulder near the guard rail, you pick it up to find the front screen is broke but it functions perfectly!

Yup that shit just happened :werd:

476c778d.jpg

Posted from my iPhone :D

It was!

Ive been riding with it in the same holder on roads where it was all bumps and this just happened to be the one to throw it overboard

Wow,crazy ninja bump in the road! Good write up too

-VanDy

• Upvote 1

Wow,crazy ninja bump in the road! Good write up too

-VanDy

I think the bump actually has "Fix Me" painted on it from someone according to some co-workers :lol:

I enjoyed typing this up way more than I should have :D

That's why I have an ancient style rugged flip phone.

So you have an ancient, limited functionality phone because your afraid of it falling off your bike and breaking? (I'm being facetious here).

Stick it in your pocket. Problem solved.

Why do you mount it to your tank? Isn't the road and all the idiots enough to engage your attention span?

Was mounted on my windshield and it's my GPS

3bf78467.jpg

Yeah, I know a guy who can fix it for you. ;-)

Planned on contacting you in a few weeks :lol:

I think the bump actually has "Fix Me" painted on it from someone according to some co-workers :lol:

I enjoyed typing this up way more than I should have :D

Was this on 275E Between 42 and Reed-Hartman? I've hit that bump before... Sucky.