Holmes has fans

kawi kid

No, I don't believe holmes was defending himself, but I don't automatically believe Zimmerman was either... he's got to prove that, otherwise he just murdered some guy in cold blood because he didn't like the way he looked (whether it be because of how he was dressed, the color of his skin, or the way he was walking... or some combination)

but being surprised/angry that an alleged murderer has supporters when you yourself have professed support for another alleged murderer is kind of odd to me...

Zimmerman

Shot and fatally wounded 1 unarmed human being.

Reason: unknown (supposedly self defense that has yet to be proven.)

Holmes

Shot and fatally wounded 12 unarmed human beings, shot and wounded several others

Reason: unknown (supposedly mental incompetence, yet to be proven.)

Other than the body count, until the trials are held, and the jury supplies a verdict, what is the difference?

Well its rather simple to me. One person threw tear gas into a crowded movie theater and shot into a crowd of innocent movie goers according to the evidence. The other was attacked and shot the person who knocked him to the ground broke his nose and jeopardized his life according to the evidence. If it turns out he went out of his way to murder him ill eat crow and say I was wrong in my observations of the evidence.

I think I have explained myself enough. I'm finished trying.

Edited by kawi kid

well, at least you've acknowledged that you've armchair judged them based on media reports.

I've got nothing else...

I think he was framed. This is a clear cut self defense case.

I'm just glad to see the dynamic duo back in action together.

Manson had supporters too, a lot of them if I recall correctly. I'm sure Recon will be around shortly to correct me if I'm wrong.

Some people just like to watch the world burn, knowing that they could never be the person that threw the match.

followers? hell, Manson IS a god... he's right up there with HypnoToad

well, at least you've acknowledged that you've armchair judged them based on media reports.

And your take was, from the outset, completely the opposing view based on nothing but your emotions...that Zimmerman was the aggressor and initiated the violence.

Pot, meet kettle, who is scared of people with guns but can't face it.

• Upvote 1

And your take was, from the outset, completely the opposing view based on nothing but your emotions...that Zimmerman was the aggressor and initiated the violence.

Pot, meet kettle, who is scared of people with guns but can't face it.

Exactly what I was going to say but I know I would be wasting my time with such a reply.

Yep, born in the city for which the county was named, 28 years and almost 1 month ago...

What makes me strange and bizarre?

Views, opinions, naive, overly skeptical.....just to name a few. You do talk as if you are not from this country, or perhaps you are more suited for a different time era.

The difference...one was obviously premeditated, the other was some dude getting his ass kicked and he was ending the assault. Martin was no angel according to various sources so I have a hard time seeing him as the "innocent victim" everyone makes him out to be. If I was in Zimmerman's position, and it truly went down the way he said it did, I would have probably done the same thing. Those people in Colorado...some of them young children...did not deserve to die like that. I hope they fry that piece of shit Holmes..insanity is NO defense. They can fry all of those pieces of shit that think like him too.

well that seems open and shut, zimmerman's gun, zimmerman's bullet, martin dead...

slam dunk

Don't forget, you also have the dude's admission to shooting the guy.

'Cept that's not the issue at hand. It's up to the system to decide whether lethal force is justified in this case.

Don't forget, you also have the dude's admission to shooting the guy.

'Cept that's not the issue at hand. It's up to the system to decide whether lethal force is justified in this case.

right, so now we're back to Z's defense...hooray!

Just to be clear, I am not picking a side nor defending anyone. Just haven't closed my mind on the scenario. I was not there and have no first hand information...And couldn't really give a shit who wins.

Zimmerman

Shot and fatally wounded 1 unarmed human being.

Reason: unknown (supposedly self defense that has yet to be proven.)

Holmes

Shot and fatally wounded 12 unarmed human beings, shot and wounded several others

Reason: unknown (supposedly mental incompetence, yet to be proven.)

Other than the body count, until the trials are held, and the jury supplies a verdict, what is the difference?

killing someone because of mental incompetence is not the same as killing someone in self defense.

self defense is a justifying shooting. just because some asshole loses his mind, doesnt mean he should be allowed to go and kill whoever he wants with immunity.