truck or trailer with ramp I can borrow?

MIKE53ALI

So... the bike cranks but wont start... aside from the frustration of constantly rigging exhaust mounts.... Ive decided to let the pros handle it... just need to get it there.... Im in the akron area but frequently am out of town. I wanna either get it to ducRX or my shop in akron..... I need, if possible, a truck, van, or/or trailer with a ramp and straps....... please and thank you....

Not near enough to be of help in that regard...

Just out of curiosity, though...Do you hear the fuel pump prime (whir for 3 seconds) when you turn the key 'on'? This era of apes have had an issue with a bad solder joint where the wiring harness joins into the fuel pump. Happened with my '03 Mille, intermittently at first. Same thing--crank, but no start as it wasn't getting fuel.

If you don't hear the 'whir', and it's not the FP relay (could be this) or the wiring (not likely), it's probably the solder joint. Not a hard or terribly complex fix. Let me know, and I can get you more info to that end so you don't have to spring for a whole new fuel pump.

Good luck!

PM me if you don't find anyone with a more readily available option, but I'm relatively close, and have a trailer with a chock.

It's folded in the back of my garage right now, but if no one else has one around, let me know and we can work something out.

Push come to shove U-haul rents MC trailers and ramp trailers. I've rented both. The MC trailer is 4x7 ramp that's been converted with a wheel chock in front to hold bikes. The other is the 5x9 ramp - no wheel chock on this one but I works in a pinch. I know the 5x9 is $24.99/day, not sure about the MC but I know it's less.

www.uhaul.com

Push come to shove U-haul rents MC trailers and ramp trailers. I've rented both. The MC trailer is 4x7 ramp that's been converted with a wheel chock in front to hold bikes. The other is the 5x9 ramp - no wheel chock on this one but I works in a pinch. I know the 5x9 is $24.99/day, not sure about the MC but I know it's less.

www.uhaul.com

The MC one is $15/day

Not near enough to be of help in that regard...

Just out of curiosity, though...Do you hear the fuel pump prime (whir for 3 seconds) when you turn the key 'on'? This era of apes have had an issue with a bad solder joint where the wiring harness joins into the fuel pump. Happened with my '03 Mille, intermittently at first. Same thing--crank, but no start as it wasn't getting fuel.

If you don't hear the 'whir', and it's not the FP relay (could be this) or the wiring (not likely), it's probably the solder joint. Not a hard or terribly complex fix. Let me know, and I can get you more info to that end so you don't have to spring for a whole new fuel pump.

Good luck!

fuel pump is working