Danmoto '12 Ninja 250r Carbon GP Slip On?

Kmanlyst

Didn't see this posted anywhere. I just ordered a Danmoto Carbon GP Slip On for my '12 250r and wanted to know if anyone else has used or know of anyone that is currently using a slip on from this company. I have read a few articles that swayed me into buying this slip on because right now I do not have the funds for a Yoshi and I needed something to let those oh so ever busy D.U.M.B members know that I am there. Any response good or bad will be greatly appreciated. I will be doing a review once I get said item.

I have one for the R6. Only complaint I have is that it's loud.. baffle didn't help much and didn't seem to fit correctly, so I don't use it. It screams though, which is cool sometimes but not for long trips. I'll be wearing earplugs when I ride to Indy next weekend.

For the money, you cant beat it. Had no fitment or build quality complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be the negative guy, but why upgrade a 250?

Save the money you plan to spend on the 250 an then buy a 650R.

It's everything good about the 250, except double the horsepower, and it's fuel injected. Throwing $$$ at a bike designed for beinners to grow out of doesn't make sense to me.

I don't mean to be the negative guy, but why upgrade a 250?

Save the money you plan to spend on the 250 an then buy a 650R.

It's everything good about the 250, except double the horsepower, and it's fuel injected. Throwing $$$ at a bike designed for beinners to grow out of doesn't make sense to me.

I do plan on getting the 650 for next season,I also plan on keeping the 250 and gifting it to my brother so he can learn to ride and I honestly hated the lack of sound from the stock exhaust.

I am not able to upgrade on a sport bike (actually had to lower my 250). So i am wanting to do more upgrades on mine. I also hate the lack of sound the 250 has. Glad to see (kman) you know to start small.

I wanted to do the 250 this season seeing as this is my first season riding and didn't want anything I could get in trouble with. I trend to have no self control where speed is involved.

Then you probably shouldn't be on a bike to be honest.

I am not able to upgrade on a sport bike (actually had to lower my 250). So i am wanting to do more upgrades on mine. I also hate the lack of sound the 250 has. Glad to see (kman) you know to start small.

You can lower other bikes.

Never said I wasn't learning self control and its more about the ride than how fast you can go unless its on the track. There are alot of things one shouldn't do...but then life would sure be boring as hell. Riding is therapy to me I have been able to step off my medication for my PTSD and it is helping with my GAD,it has also saved my marriage.The pros out weigh the cons.

Friend of mine had a cbr600 lowered and the seat shaved...i could not touch. I like the look and riding postion of the sport bikes. My 250 will go faster....;)

What's your inseam? How was the cbr lowered ( rear,front how far)?

There is nothing wrong with modding a Ninja 250. They are fun bikes to ride and extremely popular, especially in Europe and Asia where riders don't have such a size complex.

Overseas, there's no "size complex" as their MOT regulates riders bikes FOR them. You cant simply buy a Busa or 1000 and get it registered, get your license, and ride. What I've been told by UK citizens there, you have to start at a particular cc ( or smaller ) for a period of time before you're legally allowed to upgrade to the next category of bikes. Have not researched it all, but sounds like it sucks to me! I know they get better equip first over there, but what good is relocating if its going to take you years before you can even own the badass bikes? :dunno:

As for Danmoto, I have zero first hand experience or know anyone that does to elaborate an opinion. But the 250R's do sound like a typical sewing machine until "something" aftermarket is added. I dont know what we'll get for the wife's bike, but it will be quality stuff since she will need to keep the bike for quite some time.

For $125.00 I am quite happy with the Danmoto Carbon Gp,and it is a real carbon exhaust not that fake sticker crap. Installation was a snap and the weight reduction is nice ( 5lbs with mounting hardware) alot better than the stock 10lbs. I haven't noted too much of a loss in mileage buy I am still getting the bike rejetted next weekend. I love the sound it is an attention getter now. My only complaint is on the mid pipe it did have some QC issues which I will link but I did contact Danmoto and they are sending me a new mid pipe. All in all I am very happy with this purchase.

Small hole from welding in mid pipe was my only real issue.

picture.php?albumid=1569&pictureid=16452&thumb=1

installed on the bike

picture.php?albumid=1569&pictureid=16454&thumb=1

Edited by Kmanlyst