Danmoto '12 Ninja 250r Carbon GP Slip On?

Kmanlyst

Overseas, there's no "size complex" as their MOT regulates riders bikes FOR them. You cant simply buy a Busa or 1000 and get it registered, get your license, and ride. What I've been told by UK citizens there, you have to start at a particular cc ( or smaller ) for a period of time before you're legally allowed to upgrade to the next category of bikes. Have not researched it all, but sounds like it sucks to me! I know they get better equip first over there, but what good is relocating if its going to take you years before you can even own the badass bikes? :dunno:

Some folks have no business riding liter bikes, maybe they think the year or two on a 33hp bike will weed out all of the dumb shits. Quite a few people buy those super bikes after never riding on anything with two wheels just for the cool factor...then they go out and do something stupid and land in the hospital with a totaled bike. That kind of stuff makes everybody's insurance higher and gives responsible riders a bad rep. Having to spend a year or so on a restricted bike is a good idea IMO. Buying a Hayabusa for a first bike is like giving your 16 year old son a Ferrari for his first car...you just know something bad is bound to happen.

^^THAT is a problem, did you hear if they made it right for him? Or why it even happened?

Mine has never even gotten close to this hot.. I have no cat with my setup from header to DANMOTO pipe and it was still cool to the touch after riding to Indy last weekend. I would be interested to hear what that guys story is

Other than a bad weld spot in the mid pipe I haven't had any issues and the sent me a replacement mid pipe 4 days after I sent the email with photo. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

Deff sounded better at QSL.... I'd say good purchase!

• 5 months later...

Not to dig up an old post but the carbon wrap on mine did end up caving in on it's self, so I did order a new exhaust and again from danmoto but this time it is the XG-1 no carbon wrap just SS304 Stainless steel, I give everyone at least a second chance if this fails then they get nothing from me nor my buddies. http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_US/zx-250-r-ninja-2008-2012-xg-1-product-737.html I think it will look sweet on the 250 until I get me new ride when the insurance check comes in.

I was going to get a set of danmoto JISU cans for the tl. Not anymore.

As long as it isn't the carbon wrapped version it would be okay. Like I said I am going to give the XG-1 a shot and if not well it is what it is once I get my insurance check to get another bike the 250 is getting track converted.