Fake Engine Noise

abdecal

On an episode of Top Gear (not the crap ass American version) they were reviewing a car that piped in the engine noise thru the stereo speakers. Seems dumb to me.

the BMW M5 wasn't it? used to have a v10, and that year they dropped it to a supercharged 8...so they added the v10 engine noise to the stereo...

Edited by magley64

I like cars that you can feel the ground shake when they run. no need for fake ass pussy car sound through the stereo with this one.

1969 chevelle SS - YouTube

Now serpent, that's the most intelligent thing I've heard you say since.....wait...how long has that gun thread been going on? ;)

Yeah, this is shit. I don't want to pay for fake noises, what if my engine has a problem? Do they play a track of an engine with a missing cylinder? I mean that's the fucking stupid, just like the click noises are on touch screens since they don't have buttons anymore, how fucking annoying is it to listen to fake button taps when texting?! I'm not a child who is amused by fake engine noises from my toy car, this is a big boy toy and needs to make big boy sounds.

Yeah, this is shit. I don't want to pay for fake noises, what if my engine has a problem? Do they play a track of an engine with a missing cylinder? I mean that's the fucking stupid, just like the click noises are on touch screens since they don't have buttons anymore, how fucking annoying is it to listen to fake button taps when texting?! I'm not a child who is amused by fake engine noises from my toy car, this is a big boy toy and needs to make big boy sounds.

Doesn't your lady do fake orgasms? I bet you're ok with those sounds :D

That's ridiculous.

But honestly, I think this is the way ALL vehicles are going to be down the road; what with all of the electric cars/bikes. When you get your first electric bike (which in the next 30 years, I assure you it'll probably be your only choice at some point), do you want to be dead quiet or have even a fake sound so people hear you?

It's just when they try and make BIKES drive by themselves that I'm going to be pissed.