MSF course

slingingchic

This week I took the MSF course and it's by far the best thing ever. I got 100% on written test. But here's my question to you. This seems to be a hot topic because so many people are giving the wrong answers.

Best way to initiate a lean for turns? A)Press on hand grip into the turn B)Press on hand grip in the opposite direction C) Go straight

What would you chose and why?

D. Use your legs and hands to lean the bike under you just like riding a bicycle. Take a broom stick and hold it like you would the handle bars. Move it to your right and you would go right, move it left and you'd go left. Don't over think it, if you can ride a bike over 10mph it's the same feel and same action.

• Upvote 1

The demo is to ride with one hand and see which one it is.

All turns are initiated by a small turn motion the wrong way, opposite of the turn.

I think the question is poorly worded. But I guess it would have to be B.

This will become an argument about counter steering.

Counter steering is easy control, makes your bike very flickable, practice it, make you you don't brake or let off your gas half way though a curve, look into it, if youre going faster than you should (which we all do at some point) put your WHOLE ENTIRE HEAD to the right of your fairing or windshield. But most of all, ease into it and never ride above your limits. If your friends leave you behind.. let em'

The demo is to ride with one hand and see which one it is.

All turns are initiated by a small turn motion the wrong way, opposite of the turn.

I think the question is poorly worded. But I guess it would have to be B.

This will become an argument about counter steering.

This

It has been an ongoing argument between us. It's settled now though.

If I'm turning left I press the left grip forward for proper counter steering. In order to read more on this check out your buddy exarch crash thread. As stated above ride with one hand and slightly press the grips you'll figure it out. The way you have the answers worded is confusing.

It all depends on the speed. Really low speed stuff, you initiate the turn by steering in the opposite direction, then turning the way you want to go. At higher speeds you countersteer. When going through a corner, go ahead and push (a little bit) on the bars in the opposite direction, and see what happens! Turning left, push the left bar and you will turn in more.

I'm interested to know how the hell I am steering my bike when I ride hands free. :lol:

Not the same way that someone that can't lean steers their bike! I've rode with someone that cannot lean, he's a member here Bkizz. He's paralyzed from the chest down, he modified his bike, and now he rides it. I have seen it first hand!

I have zero deductible, full coverage and pay like 15 bucks a month!! Who is your agent Nick? And do you have a bazillion tickets?

No tickets, 34 married. I have amazing price considering my city and my bike. I am not unhappy at all with it. I may be probably $25 with no deductible with your sv650 where I live. My 14 had gone up since 2008 though when I bought it because of claim records on my bike. Wish people would stop buying it...:lol:

Well I'm 42...and people definitely have stopped buying mine lol

I see you have been on here since 2007. We should meet up and I'll take you on some good country roads or you can show me your roads. I've ridden over to Eaton since we have been on this site. I didn't know someone on here was from Eaton.

Last time progressive quoted me on a zx12 in 2004 was $2600+/year. I laughed and said no thank you. Since then I hear others say they are still insane on sport bikes. They see that it's a sport and they jack it up. State farm is amazing around here for sport bikes. They just go by CC and not type of bike.

I'm bundled and cheap, so I'm never leaving for $182/month for 2 cars, 1 zx14, and a house.