XT Lap Timer ?

J_Copeland

well, that is, unless you find a great deal on one.

also, i think xt sells "refurb" ones... i got one, and they're in nice shape. i'd call them and ask about it... though, they might only sell it if you send in a busted timer.... not sure on that last bit.

Edited by jbot
edit good deal not good shape lol

Remember two things. One, there are two versions of XT out there. If it is the older one, XT will not replace stuff on it. They will credit you towards a new one which is the newest version.

Two, always look for a beacon. But, the XT are fragile. They constantly have issues. I have two and they both are on the fritz...

B....if you would stop crashing them they might last longer.

BOOM!

:D

I kid.

I actually haven't crashed with one on yet... But, the old generation (thicker and more square) needed a new board and sent it in and they said they only repair the newest one (Thinner and round corners) so, I got one about a year ago. I then had the newest one decide that the connector on the battery tray broke and needed repaired. It comes and goes, but never stays on... Need to send it in, I guess...

There were some subtle outside changes even between version of the same model years. One way to tell is that the little LEDs for the computer and thumbs up/down are in the bottom corners on the newer ones where on the older ones they are both in the upper right area. The other (and probably the best way to tell) is when they turn on, the older models when turned on will show at the bottom from left to right: temp, storage, battery. The newer models the very bottom will rotate/scroll the display of the temp, storage, battery.

Best way to tell is older is thicker body and square edges. New one thinner with rounded edges. The internals are completely different. I other words, you can't take the infrared sensor on the old version and plug into the new and vice versa. Hence, why XT won't fix the old ones.