Farmstead Poker Run (for Hospice) 8/18/12..this weekend

2talltim

Reposted because i forgot the date......

Farmstead Poker Run (for Hospice)14th annual 8/18/2012

It's that time of the year again, this is the only poker run i still go to. It is hosted by Dick and Evowne Dailey of mount vernon at their home and all money goes to Hospice. They welcome all to camp out days before and after completly FREE. They host one hell of a party after the ride. Food(alway way too much), games, bon fire, bands(supposed to be a good one this year), autions, tattoo aritst, burn out pit, (dyno guys were there 2yrs ago). BYOB or they sell it there. By far the best biker fund raiser event any where, good times for a good cause..Any other info needed just ask me. I will be there with a few fiends and we will be camping out Saturday night (we dont drink on the ride), we all ride metric bikes most of them cruisers and me on my V-strom(used to be TL that will be there too with its new owner). PM me if you think you might wanna attend, and if you want to camp we will save a spot for your tent. if you look at the pics. on the web site you might think it looks like a ruff croud but its mostly local bubbys tha just want to have a good time.

http://www.farmsteadpokerrun.com/

2012Flyer.jpg.w560h722.jpg

Sounds like an event we would like to attend, but will be out of state. Hospice is a fantastic org. They stepped in and have helped several of my family members who ended up losing their battle with the big 'C'.

Cudo's to those who do participate!

Hey Lance! How ya doin'? 2T, what have you heard this being last year!?? Steve, will be there...silver goldwing from Steak Ride. Several at work planning on being there as well.

Several routes laid out...cuts the hundreds of bikes into more manageable trips. Heard north, south, east, west kinda choices.

I can tell you from personal experience that Knox County Hospice is a great organization. I won't be able to be there this year, but thanks to any of you who can support it. You are helping some people who do great things.

yes it is, my wifes friend works for them and they helped out when my grandma passed last year

Just got home and unpacked, it was a good time. The band wasnt as good as i heard they would be but not bad, except for when they cried about the smoke from the burn out pit. We went the south route it was about 135 miles some different bars that ive never been to before. I really didnt drink much even at the camp site i just wasnt feeling it, guess im just getting old..lol. But i stayed hydrated and got a little sleep last night so i dont feel like hell today. Dick came around to all the campsites last night about 12a and personally thanked everyone for comeing, he is a real class act. Plus he made an annoucment on stage and nipped the rumor in the butt about being the last year. The food was ok but plentyful but the sweet corn was awsome. DUI check point in town kept most of the roundy off the road, prob a good thing. Anyway cant wait till next year.

YIKES!!! Just pushing bikes around in garage....I'm glad I switched bikes mid-run....as that new Continental Attack has silver showing thru...all good rubber all around...except for that one spot. Think that is the 3rd rear tire this summer and I wasn't anywhere near the burnout box!

May have to send this fella down the road....ain't liking putting on tires every few weeks.

YIKES!!! Just pushing bikes around in garage....I'm glad I switched bikes mid-run....as that new Continental Attack has silver showing thru...all good rubber all around...except for that one spot. Think that is the 3rd rear tire this summer and I wasn't anywhere near the burnout box!

May have to send this fella down the road....ain't liking putting on tires every few weeks.

What are you running your pressures at? Maybe they are too low? What kind of milage are you getting?

I run the owner's manual spec, 33#. The Continental Attack 's are soft, but last 2 stll had tread in middle, this most recent more so. Went with el cheapo, Shinko.

It is a fun ride, maybe shouldn't use it as a commuter....

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

@ 33#, owner's manual spec. My above answer a no show hence this one....and part of conversation/reply gone....i love technology.....looking for my note on mileage. It can't be too much more than a 1000 miles. Out a few weekends and a coupla commutes to work.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles