Tacometer line leak?

velnarah

Does anyone know anything about these, mine has sprung a leak. I'm in the process of trying to sell my bike so I really can't afford to shell out more money on a repair so I guess my question is...

IS

this a hard thing to fix? How much would you knock off your asking price if you were to sell a bike with a leak here?

This sucks big time after having paid to have some other leaks elsewhere fixed, I just wish it could have all been done at once but no LOL this one had to wait to start leaking now! grr....

TACLEAK2.jpg

Edited by velnarah
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know anything about these, mine has sprung a leak. I'm in the process of trying to sell my bike so I really can't afford to shell out more money on a repair so I guess my question is...

IS

this a hard thing to fix? How much would you knock off your asking price if you were to sell a bike with a leak here?

This sucks big time after having paid to have some other leaks elsewhere fixed, I just wish it could have all been done at once but no LOL this one had to wait to start leaking now! grr....

TACLEAK2.jpg

Mine usually clears up after a few hours, longer if I've been drinking before going to Taco Bell.

oh, tachometer? Not sure I can help you there bub, sorry. Enjoy some snark, though.

• Upvote 1

Dang, disappointed on thread title, i was thinking I would see a Taco-meter. :)

My 1982 GS 850 was leaking oil there. At first I tried to replace just the o-ring, at the end of the cable, but the leak was cable "crimp end" just before the piece that turns and attaches to the threads.

yeah the cable might be cheap but what if it's not the cable that's causing the leak? I mean would replacing the cable really do any good if the problem is a seal or gasket? Which I'm sure are also cheap but that leads to my next point....

Buying the part is one thing.. installing it is a whole nother story. I can't do my own maintenance.

Edited by velnarah

I can't do my own maintenance.

well, certainly not with that attitude.

if mean you are missing your hands and are physically incapable, thats one thing. but if you have two hands you CAN do it! don't be scared it's easy. pretty sure that cable just screws into the housing.

search on google if you need more detail. or even youtube. youtube is a great resource so you can see how stuff is done.

Edited by John

well, certainly not with that attitude.

if mean you are missing your hands and are physically incapable, thats one thing. but if you have two hands you CAN do it! don't be scared it's easy. pretty sure that cable just screws into the housing.

search on google if you need more detail. or even youtube. youtube is a great resource so you can see how stuff is done.

I don't have tools. SRSLY I have the minimum as far as "household" tools go. I live in a small one bedroom, I don't have need for most tools.

Since I don't know what I'm doing I wont know if I'm doing it right or not. So I don't want to do anything if I don't have someone experienced around for input.

It's not always an attitude thing. Everyone's situation is different. It's not that I don't want to do it. I simply don't know what I'm doing and I don't have the tools. Be a hater or be a helper. Doesn't bother me either way.