Dealer service department question

JStump

This. ALL shops are more likely to go out of their way for a loyal customer, and it sounds like you are. If you were the guy that did roll in there with the jiffy lube sticker that's 1500 miles overdue, with little to no history with them, AND you come in with a demanding tone, good luck with getting anything more than the minimum level of customer service. I would hope that the techs are smart enough to do the best job they can regardless of the customer.

The only thing I had not done is full synthetic oil like they recommend. I do a synthetic blend, but everything else has been on schedule and what Mazda recommendations. If they can't find anything wrong or say its the clutch I am going to have them replace the tranny fluid with motorcraft XT-M5-QS or redline MT90 since that seems to work for other people. Would this be something the dealer would cover?

I had an '04 Mazda 3 which I bought in December of '03, when they first came out. I had always been told to avoid a new model car for the first couple of years so they mfr could get the hiccups ironed out.

I sold it in 2010 with 169k on the clock. It was a great, trouble-free car, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat. It had a nice ride (not too harsh), but handled like it was on rails. Looooved the twisties. It was the hatchback (oh, sorry, "five door") and all stock. Doesn't fit my needs now, but I wouldn't have any reservations about recommending one. I think Mazda needs to tout their quality more than they do. Seems that my Toyota is in the shop regularly.

I agree with the how awesome it handles, the drawback to this though is they have so much camber you have to rotate the tires every oil change or they wear funny. Not a big deal but if you don't know this you will eat the inside tread of the tires in no time.