Bhtc sniper team challenge 10/6/12, lewistown pa

flounder

I dont know that anyone here would be interested or setup to do something like this but figured I would post just in case for those "lurkers" that I know have some pocketed skills

Those that have been shooting our matches know that we press surrounding skill sets as much as marksmanship. Attention to detail, observation, problem solving, stress, overcoming distraction, technical knowledge, skill with equipment, all of it.

So now we're doing a sniper team match, and I have a whole new toy box to open up and play with. Concepts I don't get to test shooters on in an individual effort competition. Teamwork, communication, shared knowledge.... Expect all the same long range shooting challenges, but prepare to be tested as a TEAM in all aspects. The ideas are spilling onto paper like water at this point, and I am having FUN just writing this one up.

Where: Mifflin County Sportsmen's Assoc. 400 Ellen Chapel Ln, Lewistown PA

When: 10/6/12, Saturday, 0800

The team format is shooter-spotter. This is not a CQB type match for the spotter. He will be backing up the long gun.

Precision shots from 100 to 1025Y. Spotter from 25 to perhaps 600Y or so.

Long range precision rifle (max 300 win, max velocity 3100) for the precision shooter.

The spotter must deploy with a .223/5.56 caliber semi-automatic platform. No bipod, magnified optic recommended. No M855 or steel core ammo. NFA registered suppressors are welcome on either platform.

CoF is in development. Round counts expected to be around 85 for precision, 115 for spotter. Final amount will be provided to registered attendees.

Bring all the other equipment you deem useful in this discipline.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:

Rucksack to quickly and efficiently carry all gear (a handful of shopping bags will not work this time)

Chamber safe device / flag

1 GMRS Radio per person, capable of transmit/receive on channel 21, CTSS 02

1 spotting scope per team. It does not need a reticle.

work Gloves are recommended

PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT: Tracer rounds, AP rounds, SS109/M855/green tip rounds, laser rangefinders.

Straining at the obvious, you must have a team mate to shoot this match. One of you must shoot as the precision shooter, the other as the spotter, using the correct platforms. We will consider allowing spotters with other caliber platforms shoot the CoF for fun/training but their team will not officially compete.

Match fee is $75.00 per person.

Prizes at this time include an action from Defiance Machine, A Vortex Optics spotting scope, gift certificates from RWS Gunsmithing in Manning IA, and several other items as well.

Online Registration is required. Note that when you hit "submit" you need to scroll "UP" to see the acknowledgment of success. No automatic emails are sent.

Once I have a few names on the roster I will furnish payment instructions. There are no refunds or credits provided for cancels within two weeks of the match date. If your team mate bails during this window, that is regretful but you need to find another one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHdYMVdtNWFHanZTVUliQ3EyajRxalE6MQ#gid=1

Thanks for reading, and we hope to have you aboard for what I am sure is going to be a really good one.

Some additional info.

We recommend a magnified optic on the spotter's rifle, but they are not permitted to fit a bipod to it.

A bipod is allowed on the precision platform.

The spotter will be shooting a whole lot, not just watching the precision shooter fire. The spotter in this match is not a 'just in case' person, and they will get their money's worth. There will be stages where the team will be shooting together, and others where they will shoot separately.

My point about the recommended magnified optic is that some of the shots the spotter will be expected to make are long.

As I've built it so far, both roles will have very difficult shots, but the spotter at this point has overall a more demanding job.

I may be game if you aren't already shooting with someone. Call me later.

Already have a partner but there are plenty of others looking for partners, especially someone with a precision AR. Ill see the guy organizing the event tonight so Ill talk with him if you want.

Thus the reason for the pic I sent you this morning. :)

Already have a partner but there are plenty of others looking for partners, especially someone with a precision AR. Ill see the guy organizing the event tonight so Ill talk with him if you want.

Thus the reason for the pic I sent you this morning. :)

One of Josh's buddy's running the event?

I've got some pretty good dope with the precision AR, so I'd be game to play spotter for someone. Might hit up Wayde to see if he wants to go