How much of a dick am I?

RSparky

What I'm saying is this... your lights may be sighted per the textbook' date=' but if you keep getting the "your brights are on" flash, maybe you should adjust them down a bit and see if it stops.

That's all. :dunno:[/quote']

the problem is we don't know all the details of when he is getting flashed. This is what bugs me. You know my truck, you know how many times I've gotten flashed with the low beams on? Willing to bet its way more than he has with his HIDs

As I said its dumb non drivers that can't deal with it and become cunty and conplainy. If you can't continue on your path of travel for the second or two you MIGHT be "blinded" there is no way in hell you should have a drivers license, plain and simple

Obviously you're offended because you feel you are in that category. By not understanding there are far more factors than misaligned headlights to cause people's anger that they are "momentarily blinded" I'm led to believe your offense is justified

I find it ironic you say you get flashed all the time, yet call everyone else the stupid whiny cunts. If one person can't get along with all the other road users, I'm going to guess it's not all the other people with the problem.

Stock lights, aftermarket lights, stock height, lifted, city, country, whatever. If other people are continuously flashing you, it's probably you. It really isn't that big of a deal to adjust your headlights a little bit further down even if it means you aren't following whatever procedure you want to use exactly. No need to piss off all the other road users, even if they are stupid cunts who shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

It's simple really.

Daytime, I burn my high beam. Night time with other cars around, low beam only. Further out where my bigger worry is bambis wanting to run in front of me, all four lights lit up.

20120712193706-L.jpg

If I come across traffic, one flip of a switch, and back to low beam. No pissed off blinded stupid whiny cunt angry driver to deal with. Simple. ;)

What I'm saying is this... your lights may be sighted per the textbook' date=' but if you keep getting the "your brights are on" flash, maybe you should adjust them down a bit and see if it stops.

That's all. :dunno:[/quote']

I understand.

Not trying to get into all the bickering. I think I'll turn them right a little bit, to move the slanted cut off over past the middle. But I'm not angling them lower. I'd prefer them higher, but no need to piss more people off.

Which, as i stated earlier, I've only been flashed 3 times this season. Twice from people I just passed, where my right, higher side caught their rear view. And once head on.

I find it ironic you say you get flashed all the time, yet call everyone else the stupid whiny cunts. If one person can't get along with all the other road users, I'm going to guess it's not all the other people with the problem.

Stock lights, aftermarket lights, stock height, lifted, city, country, whatever. If other people are continuously flashing you, it's probably you. It really isn't that big of a deal to adjust your headlights a little bit further down even if it means you aren't following whatever procedure you want to use exactly. No need to piss off all the other road users, even if they are stupid cunts who shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

It's simple really.

Daytime, I burn my high beam. Night time with other cars around, low beam only. Further out where my bigger worry is bambis wanting to run in front of me, all four lights lit up.

20120712193706-L.jpg

If I come across traffic, one flip of a switch, and back to low beam. No pissed off blinded stupid whiny cunt angry driver to deal with. Simple. ;)

Again you are skipping the point of there being multiple factors to why the lights appear brighter than they actually are. You fail to realize that 90% of the time it when it happens to me is caused by road angle, not light adjustment. I apologize that you don't understand these things but when you concede that not all roads are flat and straight then I think you might find it a little bit easier to understand that even if lights are perfectly aligned (as my truck is) it can lead to less intelligent people thinking the lights are brighter than they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WniZT7Zrc7c

I understand.

Not trying to get into all the bickering. I think I'll turn them right a little bit, to move the slanted cut off over past the middle. But I'm not angling them lower. I'd prefer them higher, but no need to piss more people off.

Which, as i stated earlier, I've only been flashed 3 times this season. Twice from people I just passed, where my right, higher side caught their rear view. And once head on.

Three times in a season and I wouldn't even touch them. That's well within the realm of the situations Mr. Bad points out as to possible flashes for issues other than adjustment. And being a bike, it's a bit more expected than a car for them to bounce around more. The wife got it more times than that on the one ride I went with her before I adjusted hers to be more reasonable.

Again you are skipping the point of there being multiple factors to why the lights appear brighter than they actually are. You fail to realize that 90% of the time it when it happens to me is caused by road angle, not light adjustment. I apologize that you don't understand these things but when you concede that not all roads are flat and straight then I think you might find it a little bit easier to understand that even if lights are perfectly aligned (as my truck is) it can lead to less intelligent people thinking the lights are brighter than they are

Oh, I get what you are trying to say. But, you and the other poster who started with the "I get flashed all the time, hehehehe fuck 'em" kind of comments sure make it sound like you know your lights are annoying to many people and don't feel the need to do anything about them.

Seeing how I don't live in the flat and straight boring roads part of the state, I'm well aware of the effects of hills and corners on where car lights end up hitting. I also know that it is a rarity to be flashed when driving on them as it doesn't stay at that perfect annoying angle for very long like it does when approaching or following someone on a nice long stretch of road. With factory headlights and proper adjustment, I can't think of more than a couple times where I have been flashed when I didn't have the high beams on no matter what road conditions I was driving on. Sorry, but I don't buy the it's not me, it's everyone else, including the roads fault story. :nono:

Well I'm pleased to hear you finally acknowledge there are multiple factors however you still don't seem to want to fully grasp the fact I'm right. It's ok though, most people cannot overcome my breadth of knowledge and don't like to be wrong. With a stock height 2500 with properly adjusted headlights, you'd be surprised how many people think the high beams are on. Like I said its prevalent on hills and curves and can't e more than a second or two before they get all butt hurt