Action Shot Camera

jdonn

Anyone heard of these? They have two different models, SD/HD.. the SD is 50 bucks and an additional 25 will get you the waterproof case.

http://actionshotcam.com/shop/action-shot-sd/

The SD Includes:

• Helmet Mount
  • Adhesive Mounts
  • Click & Grip™ Protective/Mounting Case
  • 128MB of Onboard Memory
  • MicroSD Card Slot to Expand Memory
  • Mini USB to USB Connector & Charger
  • Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery

Camera Specs:

Video:

• Standard Def (640×480) at 30 frames per second
  • QVGA Resolution (320×240) at 60 frames per seconds

Photos:

• 640×380 Resolution

I have heard of them and seen them at extremely cheap prices but I don't know anyone that has ventured on getting one and then seeing footage of it. I think woot or groupon runs these all the time

For $50 it actually not bad considering the old Oregon Scientific cameras were $100 and had way worse quality. My roam hasn't been to bad considering the start up issues I had at first and the $200 it cost. I guess it is a case of get what you pay for.

I think the quality of the SD is as the reviewer on youTube stated, its okay considering the price. The wallmart special bundle price has run out online so I can't go that route... Not sure, I'll have to look for more videos on youTube... Thanks guys!!!

• 2 months later...

I was going to say, if you're serious about an action camera, either get a GoPro or Contour. However, from the Youtube review that camera really doesn't seem bad for the price. I got a Contour +2 about 3 months ago when it was first released.

I like the Contour before of its size and profile, I think it works better as a helmet camera than the GoPro, at least for speeds over 60-70+ mph. However, the GoPro seems to have better image quality in most situations, but I have seen some videos where the Contour looks better, so it seems subjective and is probably highly dependent on the individual camera settings.

The GoPro Hero 3 just came out, and I think I'm going to pick up a Black edition soon. I have some credit at Best Buy I can put towards it. I'll probably use the GoPro primarily as a camera mounted at different places on the bike and the Contour as a helmet cam.

• 1 month later...