2012 Buckeyes Football Schedule

Casper

First of all, sit down while grown folks are talking. No one said OSU always has a cake schedule. I said THIS year was cushy. Nobody is shit talking, and no one is on a high horse. The fact is, THIS year....yes..2012...the OSU schedule is easier because of a number of factors, one of which being that the traditionally tougher teams are being played at home versus on the road.

So before you go accusing folks of spreading falsehoods, scroll up and re-read everything I said. I never bashed OSU...and I gave UP a hard time because I have man love for him and he knew I couldn't resist his troll bait.

Lighten the fuck up.

Before I moved to Ohio I always pulled for OSU as long as they weren't playing a Michigan team. I looked at it as rooting for a Big 10 team plus I always thought OSU was great in and of itself.

Nearly 5 years after living in Ohio and listening to the OSU fans, their attitudes, their total disregard for anything other than OSU.....OSU never can do wrong......everyone picks on them because everyone else is jealous has sickened me to the point I now find myself continually hoping the worst for OSU football. Funny tho, the basketball fans are a different animal, and I still pull for the Buckeye basketball team to win like I used to do for their football team.

Guess I'm not the only one feeling like this. Many local OSU alum say they are totally fed up with it all and have stayed away from the football games.....just because of the fans there, not because they dislike OSU or OSU football.

Sad that you all have to come down on Michigan for taking on a powerhouse like Alabama (and yes Hoke was instrumental in getting the game on the schedule, it was not scheduled years in advance) knowing to even be competitive they were going to have to play a near perfect game especially considering they have someone playing qb who has no business being in that position-thanks once again to RichRod) instead of giving them some credit for doing so. Imho I do not think anyone playing yesterday could have done much better vs the Tide.

Edited by ohiomike

THANK YOU.

Alabama has better players on the bench than most teams have starting. IMHO, Mich should not have been rated in the top 10. Last year, there were a number of games that they probably should have lost..but didn't. Denard is a baller..there's no quit in him, but he's not the QB they need right now. Gardner could've been that QB, but he'll never get playing time unless DRob goes down.

Having said that...there are two QB's in the pipeline that will make a lot of folks very happy.

Anyways..this is a thread about the OSU schedule. Carry on.

Yep, I have to say, OSU got one helluva coach in Meyer. I have always liked him and his results. Him being here should only bring the level of quality football in the B10 UP! as well as OSU's. Hard to believe I am saying that. I always admired Tress too. Thought the guy had more class in one finger than many others did totally as well as him being an outstanding coach. How many college teams can say they could improve their coaching from a level Tressle attained? This might be one of them.....

The only thing i can say about michigan is the same as last year(which we had 2 defense oreinted coaches and they failed to do it) is you jamb robinson and keep him contained.....they are pretty well beat. He has flashes of brilliance but like last year in the irish game..... He threw up some many wounded ducks i could have intercepted em. Every time these QBs step outta the pocket and take off is a recipe for desaster. Murphys law is at some point in time defender is gonna get a clean shot and game over. Point in fact..... Andy katsenmoyer (not sure how to spell that) and the game against missouri. QB took of for the umpteenth time around the left side of the line...... Next thing he knows he sees a flash of white and the number 45. Spent the rest of the game on the bench with smelling salts...... Which is really bad since he got plowed in the second quarter..........

+1 on tressel and meyer. I've told osu fan this tike and time again...but most dont want to hear it. I'm not a mich homer...i appreciate skill and talent no matter the time. At the same time, Tressel let me down when he did what he did....we wont get into that. The majority of OSU fans i've encountered wont have a civilized discussion....im hoping they arent all like that. Im sure mich has their share of rabid fans....but...anyways. excuse my spelling....at the wake in amherst and typing this on my phone.back on topic.

• Upvote 1