Hocking and Athens last weekend.

Mary#17

On Friday we hit 374 and then tried a couple of new roads and one's we haven't been on much.

• Kreashbaum - Freshly paved this year. Still no edge lines but pretty clean. This road is a little more technical.
  • Harble Griffith and Illsboro Road - Not freshly paved but in decent shape. These roads are a bit tricky so use your head.
  • 664 road work is done. Very interesting change. The new section completely bypasses the touristy area of congestion. I like it as it makes it easier to get to the nice section of 56 between 674 and 374.
  • 356 from 56 south to 50 is pretty clean. I saw lots of debris in the other lane though. Be careful for the crazy FedEx trucks though – those trucks should not be going that fast on this road. Crazy and very dangerous for the rest of us.
  • 278 is turning into one of my favorite roads. There are some really nice flowy sections and it’s pretty clean. We tried a side road near lake hope and it’s a twisty road but not suitable for a bike really. Tight, dirty and probably monitored.
  • 685 is also another road that is becoming a favorite. Freshly paved but dirty in some areas. They are doing some work along the road bringing mud onto it in areas.
  • 691 is still looking great! Fresh pavement and mostly clean.

That’s pretty much it. Saturday we were dodging rain all over the place and finally got poured on so not as much to report. Oh and Friday was just plain hot! The humidity was a killer. Almost worse than some of the 100 degree days we did earlier this year!

Ride safe!

Mary

Edited by Mary#17
Font was too small.