FS: 2002 WRX, 560whp $10,900

NateBob

Hey guys,

I figured I would post this up. I have it for sale on the subaru forum but of course I'd prefer to sell to someone local. I'm just pasting the original post below:

I'm selling my 2002 world rally blue WRX. I am located just outside Columbus, OH. I am the first and only owner. The car has approximately 35k miles on the chassis, about 3k on the engine. I'm asking for $10,900 as is. I have just reduced the asking price for this car. My circumstances have changed that I need to sell the car, so my loss is your gain.

I originally purchased this car as a daily driver at the end of high school. I went off to college and it sat in a garage for about a year before I brought it out to Boston to make it my project car while I tried to help out the guys at DSG while getting my engineering degree. We worked on it for about 3 years where the guys at DSG built the incredible drivetrain, which is the jewel of this car. After I graduated I took the car back to my hometown and stored it because as a fresh grad I didn't have the money or the garage to work on it. It stayed in storage for about 4 years when I recently took it out and had the guys at AMS do a fresh tune, look everything over and button up any small issues. At their shop the car put down 560whp on a conservative C16 tune.

I'm selling the car because I recently relocated and I need the money for the downpayment on a house. I'm extremely attached to this car and I have taken great care of it. Totally babied it. It has never seen the track although it was built for it.

This car is a project car and I don't recommend it for a daily driver. It has no AC, no real interior as I was prepping it for a cage, no radio (no speakers but the stock radio is in place). I replaced the driver fender because it was damaged and I haven't repainted it yet. I also have plans for a new hood (the current hood was a band-aid solution to evacuate intercooler air).

Modifications:

Engine:

-2.35L (Stroked EJ22t) 2.5L sti crank, CP pistons, Pauter rods, balanced rotating assembly (this is the fully closed deck block with piston oil squirters that are all functional, bored .020" over)

-Ferrea valves, springs, titanium retainers (full ferrea valvetrain with exception of cams

-Kelford 274/276 cams

-Cometic Head Gasket (I also have a brand new spare that will go with the car)

-WRX head ported and polished

-GT40R turbo

-DSG custom V-mount intercooler/radiator set up (intercooler is bar and plate sparco core, radiator is a ron davis custom unit, shrouded with dual fans)

-Custom reverse manifold with velocity stacks (TIG welded, 6061 Al)

-Phenolic Manifold Spacers (can't remember who makes them)

-1600cc Ford Racing Injectors

-Dual 255lph Walbro Fuel Pumps

-Custom Aeromotive Fuel Rails modified for -8 AN fittings

-Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

-44mm Tial external dump wastegate

-AEM ECU

-AEM "]Wideband O2 Sensor

-GM 4 Bar MAP sensor

-GM Boost Control Solonoid

-Blitz Racing BOV

-Setrab 16 row (I think) oil cooler

-Custom Catch can with baffles

-Custom Coolant reservoires

-Mad Dad 4-1 Header

-Custom Up-pipe mounting turbo

-Custom Downpipe

-Catless 3" exhaust

-Borla Hush Muffler (makes it driveable without ear plugs)

-Gruppe N Engine Mounts

-Manual Fan Switch

-Fuel Pump Override Switch

Drivetrain:

-Kaaz straight cut gearset

-ATS triple plate carbon clutch

-Wilwood front brakes

-Rota Slipstream 16x8 wheels

-245/45/16 Yokahama AVS ES100 tires

-Gruppe N Trans Mount

-Factory Short Throw Shifter

Suspension:

-PIC Coilovers (custom spring rates that I have since forgotten) w/ camber plates

-SPT rear sway bar

Interior:

-Essentially Gutted

-Sparco Evo Driver Seat

-Stock Passenger Seat

-Battery Moved to Trunk

-VDO 2 Bar boost gauge

-Dual Oil Pressure/Oil temp gauge (not hooked up for oil temp yet)

-AEM YUGO AFR Guage

Exterior:

-Blacked out bugeye headlights

Does and Does nots:

-Does have Heat (interior blower still there)

-Does NOT have A/C

-Windows DO roll up and down electronically

-Does NOT have rear seats

-Speedometer does NOT work (I haven't had a chance to look into this yet but happened recently)

-Stock Tach, gas guage, engine coolant, boost DO work as well as aftermarket gauges

I'm sure there are several things that I have forgotten. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. This car is by no means finished, and I'm aware its not the prettiest thing, but its fast and its fun. Hopefully it ends up in the hands of an owner who will finish it and enjoy it.

Issues:

As I said, the car runs great. The driver side front fender was damaged and replaced but hasn't been painted yet. There is also a ding on the passenger side front fender. There is also a small scratch on the trunk. I am in the process of fabricating a new hood, so if the car is still here when that gets done I will add it, the current hood needs some stiffening in the front.

These are my favorite cars on the planet. I'd rather have one of these than a Cadillac XTS or a Ferrari. The all wheel drive allows for better handling than most high end sports cars. They'll do over a 1 G on a skid pad....comparable to Lambos that cost $100,000 more. Awesome ride.

Unfortunately I don't have 10 large to put on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...