National Trails

Mister2

what are the requirements to run a bike at the trails?

i took my cbr to the track for the first time last week, at norwalk...was a lot of fun, and they are really lax there on tech, i rode with jeans, jacket, helmet and gloves..

but since the trails is much closer, i want to run there, and i know they are a lot more strict, but couldnt find info on their site..

Since when? Last time i tried to run @the Trails they wanted leather jacket and leather pants if you broke 12sec./120mph.

A leather Fonzie jacket was ok, but my textile with back protector and CE protection wouldnt cut it.

Kill switch tether was required also.

Edited by max power

i ran in jeans, leather jacket, helmet, gloves...no kill switch, no leather pants.

his bike is a 00 600cc...it cant be that fast....last i checked, trails didnt require leather pants and kill switch unless you broke 10.50? i mean, i could be wrong obviously, but thats what i was told

• 9 months later...

i know im real late to this party but, I have been on the phone and website with National trails. as of 2013, the rules are jeans can be worn, leather required for 12 and under. a tether was mandatory on all bikes. full face lid (ehich i need to get for racing purposes) leater jacket. I just seen the fonzie jacket is ok but not textile. that is true. I dont know shit about textile but wouldnt mind knowing. I know if its anything like the material used in kart racing suits, its stronger than leather and slides better too. I used to race karts and came out of them a few times. But i see NO tracks around will allow a rider to wear them. At least none I checked with. I also do kow all the sanction bodies all say full leathers. Now if anyone wants to get with me here on the north side, Im here and will help anyone with racing and wrenching. dont know much but know some. And back to liffe

• 3 months later...

I run out there regularly, there is a grey area for sure. Always required is Full face helmet, MUST BE Snell 2005 or newer at this time. They check for the sticker inside the helmet. The DOT or Euro Certifications wont fly. A leather jacket, and gloves, boots that cover the ankles, high tops will pass.  A chain guard that goes at least to the rear axle. A kill tether is something they want to see, you'll be rolling the dice if you show up with out these things. Lotsa guys simply drill a pilot hole and take a small sheet metal screw into the on/off switch on the handle bar and attach the tether there, that will pass. No bald tires posing as a slick. They may let you run if you are missing the kill or have a textile coat if you're running under 120 MPH. NHRA rules is what they follow. They start to worry is when you are going more than 120 mph which requires leather pants that zip to the coat or run quicker than 10.0, which requires an NHRA license. Doubt you'll be that fast initially.

Edited by Exit Wounds