Shoei RF-1000 Accessories?

JohnG

Anybody try the Breath Guard or the Chin Curtain for your Shoei helmet? It was 48 degrees this morning when I commuted to work and I realized that the windscreen on the VFR deflects wind right at my throat and up into my helmet. When I put my hand at my chin, it cut down on a lot of wind noise, too.

Looking for some options/suggestions. Thanks!

I have the RF- 1000 but havent tryed the accesories. I do have several size cheek pads that have been sitting around...

- On your viffer, have you tried fitting a Zero Gravity Double Bubble windshield? It bumps the wind blast up higher. Of course like most things, there is a zone where it works the best.

My Star has a lined chin guard so it keeps me pretty warm except for my neck. The ZG Double Bubble works well on my bike, but I could almost stand a Laminar Lip on top of that for more deflection when I sit upright but in a tuck or even semi tucked, the DB is awesome. Maybe get one of those thin fleece pull on hoods that go under your helmet?

I have all the accessories and never used them, they are still in the box from when I bought it 2 years ago. I should break em out and try

On your viffer, have you tried fitting a Zero Gravity Double Bubble windshield? It bumps the wind blast up higher. Of course like most things, there is a zone where it works the best.

it depends on your height I bet, I have a ZG DB and it blasts wind from top of visor to mid neck so this helmet is so damn loud.

• 3 weeks later...

this seems to be a updated/revised instructions. mine said this feature was to let in extra air on your face but not wind.

basically just twist the lock lever down while the sheild is open then when you close the shield it will leave the shield cracked open to let in air. and wind does not get in your eyes at all. it's the best feature of the helmet in my opinion.

this is for the RF-1000

8036907002_d0bd6d675d_z.jpg

they mention it around 2:08

Edited by serpentracer