Kershaw Vapor III Folding Knife

r1crusher

Got both mine Monday. These were on Sportwoot today actually same price, and all. Overall I am very happy with the knife. It's much thinner than anything I carry currently, but yet the blade and knife are good sized. I like the flatness and smoothness both, especially since my CRKT is so beefy.

It was posted on sportwoot you can reverse the clip to make them "tip or blade up", no idea why as that seems backwards for a quick open, but maybe some can explain this better? There are threads on the 2 holes closer to the tip on the same side as the clip.

Overall, would definitely order again.

You flip the clip so that when it's in your pocket and you pull it out you can open it immediately. If you leave the clip as is from the factory and it's in your pocket you have to rotate the knife 180 degrees to open it.

Got it?

I must reach for it differently or just not think about it because to me it's set up how I am used to opening it. I think flipping it would mean I'd have to rotate it 180 degress, not the way I open it.

Actually I just realized it's because I open it as I pull it out without thinking about rotating it. I guess I still don't get the flip, but whatever.

I just picked up a Ken Onion Blur half serrated on Amazon a few weeks ago and love it. Flip the clip and the speed assist is very intuitive. Not sure why anybody would carry in the knife with the clip in the factory position.

I must reach for it differently or just not think about it because to me it's set up how I am used to opening it. I think flipping it would mean I'd have to rotate it 180 degress, not the way I open it.

Actually I just realized it's because I open it as I pull it out without thinking about rotating it. I guess I still don't get the flip, but whatever.

I am with you on this, mine is set just the way i open whe pulling. :cool:

I mean I know I openly love men and stuff, but I still feel that the clips are set from the factory in the way they are for a reason.... I doubt that all these places like CRKT, Kershaw, etc sell their clips bassackwards like me.

But yes, I am definitely an redneck at heart, and this city living stuff is starting to kill me.

I would surely love to know how either you can pull that knife out of your pocket and open it, one handed, ready to use without any other manipulation. You have to be flipping the knife in your hand before opening it.

I guess I'm going to have to make a video or take some pics to explain it.

Oh I've seen your videos and pics, I don't want anymore naked pics of you with your cats.

But for real, I totally see what you are saying like understand it and everything, but I when I flip it its as i open it, I dont put my hand in my pocket to get it out, which mentally I would think you'd have to.

I bought 2 of those knifes so I will switch one and wear it to work tomo and see what I think/feel. Maybe it's becasue none of my others have that option so I dont have exp.

I do see 1 thing I might be skurred of, if the point is facing up, I may cut myself and cry, a lot.

You must be carrying it different than I do or something.

This is how they should come from the factory...

leekregA.jpg

Notice that the clip is attached on the blade's pivot end. If you leave the clip attached on this end as it is from the factory, if you pull it you can't just flip it open. You'd have to manipulate it and then open. But if you put the clip so it's attached on the other end where the blade's point is for sake of illustration, when it's in your pocket, if you reach in with your thumb only and your finger gripping the clip to remove it, you can quickly open it. This puts it in a ready to open position from the start.

Like this one...

Optional+Leek+Designs.JPG

Hopefully THIS will explain it all.

:D

Oh I get it, I saw pics yesterday when trying to figure out why I would swap it. Mine are all as the 1st pic. No big deal, not arguing with ya, just saying personally, as in I, do not feel any benefit to swapping it.

Was just interesting to reading it was possible on a relatively cheap knife, but my CRKT I paid $40 or so for, and it was a $125 knife, doesn;t have this option.

I apprecaite your details and info, I mean it makes sense, just not my style.

FIRST POST UPDATED!

Here if you're too lazy:

UPDATE! WOOT IS AT IT AGAIN! IF YOU MISSED THE PURCHASE OF ONE OF THESE LAST TIME YOU CAN PICKUP A DIFFERENT MODEL W/ SPEED ASSIST NOW!!

Kershaw Compound Folding Knife

prob the same blade but im not really liking the look of this one

Dangit you beat me to this! I just copied the link ready to post up, and rock out. Got me! I do feel like this isn't as sweet of a deal, but looks like the price discount is the same, so agreed with TT, probably same blade, just different handle.

HA! Suck it! :sexytime:

Here's what I saw that's different: Handle, this has the speed assist (BONUS!), and I think the blade is actually a different material....think!

And the shit keeps coming! Too bad they sold out of the other models cuz some of them looked pretty bad ass.

Woot Smith & Wesson Knives!

Must resist.

Also R1 i just realized the assist on the Kershaw is TOTALLY different than the CRKT, that is why I didn't get what you meant. Doh.

BRO, that reverse serrated one is SICK, FUCK, I do not need another knife, but how can I not get one like that?