2013 ZX6R Preview

2fat2fly

Also noticed in the article that there is a new small Ninja. The Ninja 300 looks like quite a step up in the small displacement sport bikes. Claimed power is over 10hp better than the 250R :eek:

And finally the baby Ninja gets FI and ABS.

Kawi seems to be making a big statement with their latest releases.

Craig

I am liking this bike, but not sure what to make of the fork setup. Are any other bikes using this configuration:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2013-kawasaki-ninja-zx6r-preview-91423.html

... Big Piston-Separate Function Fork (BP-SFF). Like the previous generation BPF, damping circuits are controlled by a large-diameter piston, but, in this version, damping takes place only in the right-side fork leg, with rebound- and compression-damping adjusters conveniently located at the top of the fork tube. Spring preload is adjusted at the top of the left tube.

My R1's forks are this way also. Seems to be they way things are moving towards now.

I am liking this bike, but not sure what to make of the fork setup. Are any other bikes using this configuration:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2013-kawasaki-ninja-zx6r-preview-91423.html

... Big Piston-Separate Function Fork (BP-SFF). Like the previous generation BPF, damping circuits are controlled by a large-diameter piston, but, in this version, damping takes place only in the right-side fork leg, with rebound- and compression-damping adjusters conveniently located at the top of the fork tube. Spring preload is adjusted at the top of the left tube.

My R1's forks are this way also. Seems to be they way things are moving towards now.

I thought the new R1 forks were like what IP described for the 749 dark. Could be wrong tho.

The 749Dark was similar. It had compression damping on one fork' date=' and rebound on the other fork. Preload was adjustable on both. I always thought it was counter-intuitive.[/quote']

The 749Dark was similar. It had compression damping on one fork' date=' and rebound on the other fork. Preload was adjustable on both. I always thought it was counter-intuitive.[/quote']

My Speed Triple is this way..^

I am interested in both of the new Ninja's, 300 for the Daughter, 636 for me, probably both for track duty.