turning in scrap

grapesmuggler27

Ace Iron and Metalmore info‎

2515 Groveport Road

Columbus, OH 43207

(888) 388-2210

That's who Ive dealt with for metal, but if it has a condenser etc. you have to remove them and "legally and safely" bleed them out by whatever standards they require. Aka, let it loose in the air, then sign a waiver that you did it legally.

Ace on Groveport, Sims by the Airport, Joyce Iron & Metal on Joyce, I.E. Schlessinger on Parsons and on Joyce, etc. I could go on. You should have clean aluminum there. If not (like if there are brass fittings, etc) be sure to clean it up. There's a stupid difference between clean and irony aluminum pay. Clean needs to be 95% or more aluminum by weight with no obvious mix metals. Everyone will rip you off. It's the nature of the business. Know what the aluminum is worth before you go down - look at the American Metal Market website for scrap ping price in Cleveland the morning you go down. Don't take less than 80 - 90 % of that figure.

I went to sims with a bad engine bottom, got $7.50 for 50lbs of irony aluminum. They pulled it from my back seat for me, and the whole process took about 10 minutes. Came back the next day with some steel brake rotors and just threw them in someones cart out front.