Allegeny Nat Forest

Tonik

Went over there and played for about 400 miles today. Never been that way. There is some pretty good road over there. 6, 666, 127 and 227 were pretty awesome. Found some country roads that were good too, but don't recall the numbers.

I've considered that area before. What were the road conditions? The pavement is just so much nicer down south that it makes the northern routes iffy for me but it's tempting.

Keep in mind I am a cruiser not a sport biker. However I believe I am one of the fastest cruisers you will see. I have had several sport bikers say 'holy shit' while following me through twisties. Not bragging or anything just trying to give you a feel for how I ride. Considerably faster than the average cruiser but certainly not like someone that knows how to ride their sportbike.

I was able to haul butt everywhere except on the center section of 666. It was a bit tore up...not terrible but bad enough that it was time to be cool. Rest of it was fine, didn't see any chip sealing, either brand new or very new asphalt.

And take a GPS with you if you can. Confusing as heck up there, glad I have maps on my phone instead of needing a data connection.