Sensitive ignition switch? Shorted PC?

RSparky

you know man I'b be willing to let you swap parts off my bike till it fixes your issue so you know what's up with yours.

I'll be riding sunday though. so it would have to be tomorrow.

the best way to test the coils is through the built in diagnostics. something all these other poor shlups don't have, only the great yamaha's have this built into the computer.

and we can use my infrared thermometer which is designed just for this kind of thing.

Edited by serpentracer

Thanks for the offer! I think I fixed it though. The local shop used the infrared gun on it after work. It was only hitting on two! I got plugs, and oil, and went to town. Weird thing is, the old plugs looked ok. Brown, dry but not powdery...

First time I had been plug deep in the 6. There is absolutely no room in there... Frustrating.

it ran fine on my way home. Once again, in the pouring balls rain...

serpent, do you have a street bike?

Is rain commonly a problem for bikes? My bike has sat outside all week so far since I've been riding it... I assumed they were waterproof? So haven't bothered putting it up or anything since I keep it at my mom's not my place.... Should I throw a cover on it while not riding if there's a chance of rain? ( I'm not talking about storing it outside, just during the week when it's my dd)

Is rain commonly a problem for bikes? My bike has sat outside all week so far since I've been riding it... I assumed they were waterproof? So haven't bothered putting it up or anything since I keep it at my mom's not my place.... Should I throw a cover on it while not riding if there's a chance of rain? ( I'm not talking about storing it outside, just during the week when it's my dd)

I'd invest in a cover. I had my Can Am sitting outside when I was out of town on business after month of sitting uncovered in the elements, it got moisture in the cluster and the black plastic got sun faded. A bike cover is the best investment for my bikes.

Thanks for the offer! I think I fixed it though. The local shop used the infrared gun on it after work. It was only hitting on two! I got plugs, and oil, and went to town. Weird thing is, the old plugs looked ok. Brown, dry but not powdery...

First time I had been plug deep in the 6. There is absolutely no room in there... Frustrating.

it ran fine on my way home. Once again, in the pouring balls rain...

serpent, do you have a street bike?

yeah I ride it on the street the most. I just use race fairings and cut out the headlights. its way cheaper than stock stuff to fix if I crash. after the first time it went down. (2004) that's the last time it has stock fairings.

Edited by serpentracer

I'd invest in a cover. I had my Can Am sitting outside when I was out of town on business after month of sitting uncovered in the elements, it got moisture in the cluster and the black plastic got sun faded. A bike cover is the best investment for my bikes.

Ok thanks... The guy gave me two different covers with the bike, I'll toss one on it whenever I'm not riding and it's gonna be outside in the elements

i have a cover. i just never use it. i generally ride in whatever elements come my way. this past time was the first time water has ever done worse than rust my brake discs. i'm just going to try to seal up the switch housing and call it good.

and serpentracer, though i have absolutely zero free time, we should meet up and ride sometime.

i have a cover. i just never use it. i generally ride in whatever elements come my way. this past time was the first time water has ever done worse than rust my brake discs. i'm just going to try to seal up the switch housing and call it good.

and serpentracer, though i have absolutely zero free time, we should meet up and ride sometime.

I'll ride in whatever elements, but if I can avoid the bike sitting in them I will.

the switch was an intermittent frustration. i think the plugs may have fixed the problem, but i'm not sure. time will tell. it seems ok on my two commutes so far. but low rpm may have felt like it was not sparking, but i really can't say because i haven't had enough time to feel it.