Nelson Ledges October 1st, 12th or 13th?

RHill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do to that poor poor bike now? You throw it on the ground, starve it, wear it out. I'd get mad and quit on you too if you treated me like that!

:D

It was trying to put me on the ground at Putnam all weekend. We ran it on the dyno and the tranny was trying to upshift from 3rd to 4th when under load, but would surge (Felt like someone was ramming your rear tire the whole time while leaned over to give an idea) as it wanted to ghost shift, but never would.

The guys in tech services at KTM figure it to be something in the transmission as we had an issue right before VMD and replaced the shift star. I had a few false neutrals at VMD, but not the surge issue. Then, at Putnam it started and got terribly worse by Sunday.

So, it was up at Amherst waiting to be worked on and in the meantime, we had some issues the tech guys needed to be working on and the bike was sitting. Missed race after race and track day after track day.

I have some changes coming and had to take it back up to turn the unit in. They will fix it and it will be for sale and will be an awesome machine for someone. There are spares and add-ons I didn't remove and will help whomever gets it if they race it or track it some way...

So, it was up at Amherst waiting to be worked on and in the meantime, we had some issues the tech guys needed to be working on and the bike was sitting. Missed race after race and track day after track day.

As in Amherst, OH? As in KTM N.A.? That's more or less in my neck of the woods. I used to know a guy that worked there but I don't know if he does any more, his first name is Sean. He raced some time ago but don't know if he does anymore and used to work at another local bike dealership in Amherst for years before going to KTM.

But that sucks with all the tranny troubles. Hopefully the next one will do you better.

I was on the outside of 4, inside 7, inside 13, inside carousel. I was damn tired after being at Putnam all weekend. I have them sorted, but need to finish Putnam first.

Marty, I think I still suck too hard to buy any photo's....there any chance of seeing any proofs? I will be attending MotoSeries track days next year and absolutely picking up at least a couple sets of photos when the suck isn't so hard(hopefully).

As in Amherst, OH? As in KTM N.A.? That's more or less in my neck of the woods. I used to know a guy that worked there but I don't know if he does any more, his first name is Sean. He raced some time ago but don't know if he does anymore and used to work at another local bike dealership in Amherst for years before going to KTM.

But that sucks with all the tranny troubles. Hopefully the next one will do you better.

Yes, Amherst. It's our tech base and they handle any issues I have...

The next one? It will be red so, we will see...

Yes, Amherst. It's our tech base and they handle any issues I have...

The next one? It will be red so, we will see...

I remembered the guys last name from there, Sean McGlaughlin (sp).

If you want I can stop over than and give it a test ride for you to make sure it's fixed before you come pick it up.

:D

Marty, I think I still suck too hard to buy any photo's....there any chance of seeing any proofs? I will be attending MotoSeries track days next year and absolutely picking up at least a couple sets of photos when the suck isn't so hard(hopefully).

Absolutely. I can upload you images and shoot you alink to them. Then if you like, you can buy (the more you buy the happier my wife will be and so will I).

I think I'm out for the last Nelsons. Just too cold with a low of 38 forecast the night before means it won't be until 2pm before the scorching high of 60 comes around. Then there's the mention of the "r" word. I was there last year with Craig and I think I'll pass this year.

Have fun fellas and good luck racing on Sunday.

it won't be 47 in the morning, much colder. You're looking at Saturdays daytime high and evening low. You need to look at the evening low for Friday my man.

Have fun either way!

Was saying last weeks low the night before was 47; actually in Garrettsville it was 44. The worst part was the wet grass and soaking wet feet in the the morning, but after the gear was on it wasn't too bad.

Hopefully it turns around, because right now it seems like the % of rain is going up :cry:

Don't listen to those pansies Ryan. They make warm clothes for a reason.

After last rounds festivities in the r**n borrowing Jinu's r**n tires, it really wouldn't bother me if it happened again. As long as its not flooding the track, I'm game!

Might have to buy a set of those for myself...makes a wet day worth it!

Yep. I need bigger balls. Experts were doing almost 20 if memory serves.

FTFY

Nelson is fine in the rain, even I ran there once in the rain on street tires. Like he said 4 and 13, mainly 13 are the 2 to watch. Oh and if the drain is clogged on the front straight make sure Todd has the squeegees out LOL