Gopro app available

Anden

Just downloaded and upgraded my hero2, wifibackpack, and remote. App is nice and should be fun so you dont have to have the remote. Now the but, the only real benefit I see from the app as of now is being able to see what your recording and not having to purchase the remote and just use your phone. Although the video stream is definitley compressed and quality is nowhere near what the camera records. Reminds me of a gen 1 camera phone. This app/update was also supposed to allow you to stream live but i dont see that functionality anywhere. This weekend Ill check the range of the backpack hooked to the remote as well as to the Ipad as well as see how long the battery lasts for both. I have found that when the wifi backpack is connected, it tends to drain the camera much faster then when its not. Almost as if it pulls charge from the camera somewhat.

Also, the new firmware update comes with the Protune functionality which was highly talked about.

• 1 month later...