Cb750 boardtracker build

rawlins87

Went on a 3.5hr (each way) road trip up to magley's place to pick up a frame we had been pm'ing about for a while.

Picked up a rolling chassis

(Insert pic later)

I've always liked the board tracker styling and cafe racers too.

I'm planning to ghetto lower at first (raise forks in triple trees) but eventually cut springs/tubes

Set of CR low mx bars

Cb650 swingarm

21"x3" rims laced to stock hubs front/rear

Fabricate custom stainless steel gas tank

Fabricate custom tail out of aluminum

Engine: undecided

I like my two strokes and single cylinders so contemplating a cr250, cr500, banshee motor, it built xr600 motor (high compression, over bore, cams, porting)

Here is a couple pics of a build mine would be close to...

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

seat1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Looking to get a motor for my build. Looking for something cheaper, dependable, not looking for high HP, just a slower cruiser.

Been debating against many motor ideas. At this point Idk to do and am open to suggestions.

I have a full cb750 (1978) that might be willing to part with. I have a new 4-1 exhaust installed with clean carbs that were tuned in about 2years ago. It was my cafe project...just got discouraged with it. PM me.

Looking to get a motor for my build. Looking for something cheaper, dependable, not looking for high HP, just a slower cruiser.

Been debating against many motor ideas. At this point Idk to do and am open to suggestions.

What are your basic preferences?

Based on the style factor, I assume you want air-cooled. preference for twin or 4 cylinder?

are you set on 4-stroke? Do you want to keep it Japanese, or would a Duc motor be workable?

gotta be a v twin, parallel or inline?

2 stroke triple.

That would be baddass, but not cheap....or dependable.

What are your basic preferences?

Based on the style factor, I assume you want air-cooled. preference for twin or 4 cylinder?

are you set on 4-stroke? Do you want to keep it Japanese, or would a Duc motor be workable?

gotta be a v twin, parallel or inline?

That would be baddass, but not cheap....or dependable.

Thinking big single or parallel. Not sure I could make a vtwin work (but anything is possible)

Oil cooled

4 stroke. Originally thought 2 stroke but after several months reconsidered.

Honda cb 450 twin (the one with torque arms instead of valve springs). I actually know where one is at right now, not sure if it runs or not but those mills were pretty bulletproof.

heather's cm450 purrs like a kitten, float bowls overload and leak if you let it sit with the fuel on though....

Th cm450 is very different than the cb450 motor. The cm has coil valve springs and lower compression and power output. The cb450 had torsion bars that kept upward pressure on the valves and could be run much harder for that reason. Usually when you scatter a top end its because you over-revved and set up a harmonic resonance in the coil valve springs, causing the valve to float and the piston to crash into it.

With torsion bars, you cannot have a harmonic resonance interfere with valve movement, so the motor can be spooled up to higher rpms safely. Its a great design but heavy, which is probably why Honda only did it in one motor.

Replace your float valve seats and needles and it will stop leaking.