need all info I can get for a 05 gsxr 750

serpentracer

I stole a 2005 GSXR 750 at the auction today. $800. :metal: that's right i didn't forget a zero. :D

but it has some issues.

I'll know more about it tomorrow when I bring it home.

it didn't want to stay running and it was in a minor crash. I know it needs a clutch cable.

but I need as much info on these as I can get. this is my first suzuki sportbike. yeah I'm a yamaha guy. and they're easy to work on thanks to the built in diagnostics.

I would appreciate all the help you guys can give me. I'll even let you see a picture of it...:D

I have had mine for going on five years now and haven't had a single problem out of it. But if you needsome pics of how things are suppose to look I can help with that. I can't imagine normal maintenance being any different than your used to.

I've got an pdf service manual for a 600, would think 90% of shit owuld be the same. If you google, you will find one for the 750....but if you cant send me a pm and I'll email the one I have to you.

I like my 600. I'll give you $850 for the 750 :)

They have only throttle body problems in common. STV motor goes bad and sets off FI light. other than that they are good bikes!

This is true on several GSXRs. The best thing to do when this occurs is to simply remove the butterflies or even go as far as removing the axle the butterflies are screwed on to.

You can send the servo to a guy and have him rebuild it, but it is just easier to remove and put tape over the light.

I may still have a throttle body bank as I had my set covered under an emissions warranty that most people do not know about. But, it is only like 5 years unlimited miles. You'd be out of being able to do that...

There was a post a long time ago that someone posted that had a link to free online service manuals. I pulled one for my 2005 GSXR 600, and it had the 750 as well. The computer it was on has since been stolen, but I'm sure if you do a search you will be able to find it.

well I ended up arbitrating it. I think they locked the motor up at the auction riding it around with 1.5 qts of oil in it.

even with a jump box it turned over about 1/2 a revolution before it came to a jolting halt of metal on metal impact.

I think the valves are hitting the pistons but who knows.

all I know is it ran going through and now it wont turn over.

it's a good thing I wanted to start it before I left. because once you sign for it and leave it's yours.

Still should have kept it. The frame if a clean title is worth about $750 or so. The forks, wheels, etc are all worth enough that you'd have made some cash on the deal. But, would have taken a bit of time. Glad you at least tried to get it running before you left...